Saturday, January 21, 2017

Year in Review: 2016

Did I really fail to blog the entirety of 2016? With the exception of that one post in January? My goodness, time does go by quickly.

Well, allow me to quickly summarize in both words and pictures what happened during the year of 2016.

- I spent my 25th birthday at Capitol Reef National Park. The tradition of traveling to a park for my birthday lives on! It was a great weekend.

- In May, we went to Lake Powell (as usual) but what we went out of our way to see was Horseshoe Bend. It's not that far from Powell and it was such a cool sight to see.

- I got a new job! In June, I was hired by BYU Broadcasting as a Lead Promotions Editor which is basically a fancy way of saying that I help cut their commercials, trailers and any advertising for all of their content, shows, movies, etc. I now only have a 7-minute commute from home and overall it was a good move to make.

- I completed my first sprint triathlon. In August, I swam, biked and ran my way around South Jordan in the "Triathamom", a triathlon for women only, along with my sister-in-law and mother-in-law. It was fun training for it and also a lot of fun racing in it. Knowing that I'm capable of such athleticism is always encouraging.

- I saw Coldplay in concert. This was my second time seeing them, the last time back in 2008, and they did not disappoint. 10/10 will go see them again!

- At the Salt Lake Comic Con, I met Billy Boyd, the actor who played Pippin in Lord of the Rings. He has long been a favorite actor of mine and he did NOT disappoint, though I did technically steal from him (I didn't know you had to pay money for selfies like the one below, but he graciously let me get it for free).

- We finally hiked Mt. Timpanogos! I have always wanted to conquer Timp since I came out to Utah for school and I finally had the chance. Now that I've done it, I can safely say I will probably need a lot of convincing to do it again. At least, to go to the summit again. The saddle was plenty high for me.

- Ryan and I traveled to San Diego/Los Angeles for a work conference. And while there, we went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios. Probably the best day of 2016 by far.

- Ryan and I, along with his family, spent Thanksgiving week in the San Francisco bay area and saw sites like Muir Woods, Sharkfin Cove, Monterey Bay, and the Golden Gate Bridge, obviously. Definitely a fun trip!

- Ryan and I celebrated 5 years of marriage in August. We spent the weekend at Lagoon and had a blast!

Lots of fun was had in 2016. But 2017 is looking to be an even more fun year! We already have a couple of trips planned or in the works and we're hoping to move to a new apartment at some point this year. Not to mention that Ryan is looking for a new job that could end up relocating us to another city in Utah (probably won't go out of state for now since my job at BYUB is hard to beat as far as benefits go).

I hope to keep this blog a little more up-to-date, less for the readers and more for myself. I journal fairly regularly but I still think it's important to record things down in as many ways as possible. On to our adventures in 2017!




























2 comments:

Steve said...

I only blogged twice last year, and one was a Warcraft movie review :D

Sarah Lambson said...

Remember when blogging was SUCH a thing?? I Didn't blog at all last year. November 2015 was my last. Oops! But at the beginning of each year I feel myself drawn back to the world of blogging.

I kind of miss it. It's a fun way to keep people updated.

Anyway, what an awesome year you had! I'm so stoked for 2017. I have a feeling it's going to be another one for the books.