Thursday, August 20, 2015

Trip to Hawaii: Getting Settled

So, I wanted to do the Hawaii blog post in one go, but once I saw all the pictures I wanted to blog about, I felt it appropriate to spread this out over a few blog posts. I promise not to drag it out too much. So let's get started.

We left Utah on a 5am flight and had 2 layovers before landing in Honolulu: one at LAX and a short one on Maui, so technically we visited 2 islands of Hawaii, ha! Okay, not really. But someday I'd love to go to Maui for an extended stay.

We got to Honolulu in the afternoon and my lovely sister, Beckie, picked us up and had fresh leis ready for us. She drove us through the crazy rush hour traffic of Honolulu like a pro and brought us to her apartment where she generously gave us her room to stay while we were on Oahu. This amazing basket of Hawaiian goodies and necessities was sitting on the bed when we arrived. Seriously, guys, my sister is such a great hostess. Thanks for letting me brag.


Also, I dream about those Mauna Loa milk chocolate toffee macadamia nuts. HNNG, SO GOOD. I need them in my mouth right now.

Anyways, I digress. Her apartment was far enough removed from downtown that we could enjoy the calmer part of Hawaiian life but it was also close enough that when we wanted to experience the hustle and bustle of city life, it wasn't a long drive there.

The view from her apartment

The rest of these pictures are scenes around the apartment during our first couple days on Oahu.





I am so grateful for my sister's generosity and hospitality and spending time with her, Kyle and Micah was definitely a massive highlight of the whole trip. Not to mention Max (pictured above) and Luna, the precious poodles.

Next up: Shangri La and Manoa Falls!

1 comment:

Jeanne, the mom and grandmom said...

Wow, that is a nice view from Beckie's apartment! And her welcome baskets put all of us to shame. I must work on that.
And, hairy Max - just as endearing as groomed Max.