Sunday, May 31, 2015

Project 365, Days 134-148

So I am a week behind my posting schedule, so this week I'll be posting two weeks. The first is my 50mm lens week and the second week is my iPhone week while I was in Vegas. 

134:365 Finally got a container to organize all my newly acquired embroidery floss.


135:365 Date night at J-Dawgs, a local eatery favorite.


136:365 Got some amish granola at the local amish store. Oh, and they had gummy worms too, ha!


137:365 Mushrooms are everywhere after all the rain we've received.


138:365 Finished my newest cross-stitch pattern in anticipation for our Hawaii trip later in June!


139:365 Another rainy day, so galoshes were a must while I splashed in puddles.


140:365 Tiny cactus inside a plastic encasement. Ryan got both of us one for fun a while back and I'm surprised they're still alive and thriving!


141:365 This day was the 4th anniversary of Ryan's proposal to me. Gotta say, it was one of the best and easiest decisions of my life to say yes.


142:365 A poignant fortune was in my cookie from our Chinese food dinner.


143:365 Packing for my week-long work trip to Las Vegas.


144:465 On the road in a bus full of co-workers. We experienced every kind of weather during the 6-hour drive. This was taken during a beautiful sunny stretch of time.


145:365 There are some interesting art choices at the Bellagio. This terra cotta warrior had me missing my adventures in China/Japan a couple of years ago.


146:365 Went to a big party held by one of our top leaders in the company and he rented out a huge mansion that had some of the most extravagant and gaudy decor I've ever seen. This golden staircase was definitely a big contributor.


147:365 Ordered room service and had an amazing meal (prime beef burger with cheddar cheese and grilled onions). 


148:365 Took a breather at the end of the convention on this terrace and was able to appreciate that I was done! Nothing else needed to be done and I was going to be leaving the next day. It was a lovely moment.


Alright, so there you have it! I'm caught up and you have double the pictures to enjoy. I'm glad to be back from Las Vegas and back to taking pictures with my big camera. But it was a lot of fun using my iPhone and trying to get quality pictures with that device. I'll definitely be doing another of those iPhone weeks in the future.


2 comments:

Ellaniemae said...

Your iPhone takes such great pictures!!! I could not tell where your big camera left and your iPhone picked up, except the difference from Utah to Vegas... You are turning into QUITE the photographer!!

Jeanne, the mom and grandmom said...

Cute cactus! Pretty cross-stitch. Wow, what a hotel!