Friday, April 10, 2015

Five for Friday: Watches Edition!

Okay, I'm going to dabble into fashion blog for a brief moment. Not that I have much in the way of a fashion sense, but I felt today was an appropriate day to talk about it.

Today is the first day Apple fans/addicts can order the much-anticipated Apple Watch. So in honor of that (and because deep down I, too, want the watch), I am going to share some watches that I've been eyeing at some of my favorite stores. Since I bought my current watch in December, I've fallen in love with watches and how they're able to dress up any outfit without trying too hard.

Here is my current watch! Ignore my pasty, freckled arm, ha!

#1: Fly Girl Watch from Charming Charlie's


I love the color, the butterflies, and just how versatile the watch can be while also being it's stand-alone accessory. I need it!

#2: Olivia Burton Undisputed Class Watch in Rose Gold/Black via Modcloth



At some point I should own something a little more classy. A black leather banded watch is the way I'd probably go since metal watches get cold and they almost always in the past have snagged my little arm hairs, yeeowch! I love the rose gold paired with the black as well, feminine but also so sleek.

#3: Meller Leaf Watch from Francesca's


I just love the pattern on the watch face! So dreamy!




Okay, confession: if I could, I would link EVERY SINGLE WATCH from Francesca's. Seriously, every watch is super cute and super affordable. Another confession: my current watch is from Francesca's. I can't get enough of Francesca's accessories (I own 3-4 of their bags as well). This one is so fresh and pretty!

#5: Garmin Forerunner 10 GPS watch from Garmin


Okay, so I don't think I'd wear this all the time if I got it, but being a sort-of runner (still getting back into the swing of things since my foot injury) I think having a GPS watch is super useful. And this one has some of the best reviews of the ones out there currently. It's been on my Amazon wish list for a LONG time too. Someday, maybe.

As for the Apple Watch? I have to admit that when the designs came out, I swooned over the rose gold Apple Watch Edition, but once the prices came out and that one was at minimum $12,000, I definitely knew it wasn't going to happen. So for now, the cheapest option would be the one I'd get. But I'll probably wait a bit before throwing down $350. For now, these cheaper options will suffice!

1 comment:

Jeanne, the mom and grandmom said...

I love watches, too! But, I lean towards the changeable band to liven up a wardrobe. But, I could get hooked on the pretty watch faces you have shown...