Sunday, November 2, 2014

This is Halloween!

I have never been one to go out of my way to do a Halloween costume, especially in my college days when I was poor and wanted something on the cheap. Well, this year, after a couple of years of doing lame costumes for Halloween parties, I wanted to do something awesome. And this year's idea came to me the minute we walked out of our Valentine's Day movie date "The Lego Movie" and I realized that we would make a great Wyldstyle and Emmet.



So that's what we did. We got Ryan a construction vest and helmet (the pants on Amazon were out of stock, for some reason), I went out and got myself a black hoodie and some colored tape and we put together a really fun couples costume in no time and for a relatively small amount of money.

These pictures were taken Monday night for our church Halloween party and it was my first attempt at the colored hair. I bought temporary hair dye and it, well, didn't work terribly well especially since I was terrified that if I sprayed too much it would dye my forehead. For actual Halloween, I bought cheap hair extensions and used those for my work party.








The hands are trying to imitate LEGO hands. Yeah, I need a little work.

I took a couple of pictures of my jacket by itself. I was a little proud of my tape work on it, even though it kept curling up on the ends and was a little difficult to move in.



I hope everyone had a GREAT Halloween! As for me? I'm one of those Christmas freaks who listens to Christmas music the minute it turns from 12:00 midnight to 12:01. That is, if I'm awake at that time. Nowadays, I'm conked out by 10:45pm. I love Halloween for the time it's around but now I'm definitely in Christmas/Thanksgiving mode and am stoked for this Holiday Season! Bring on the snow, Utah, I'm ready :)

1 comment:

Jeanne, the mom and grandmom said...

I love the jacket. You both looked great