Sunday, October 26, 2014

Jaker's Pumpkin Patch

I've never been to a legitimate pumpkin patch before. I have always wanted to but while growing up in Missouri, I never really knew of one in the area and now that I'm in Utah I guess I just failed to make it to one because I was too lazy or something...?

But this year, I knew that I wanted to go. So Friday I bolted from work at 5pm and rushed home so that I could pick up Ryan and we could head down to Jaker's Pumpkin Patch in Springville before it closed at 7pm. I came equipped with a camera so that I could take lovely sunset photos of the pumpkins and our exploration as we found the best pumpkin around.

As usual, I cut back on the original number of pictures. I couldn't stop taking pictures of this place and the pictures don't do it justice: this place was spacious! The front end was already pretty sparse but we ventured pretty far back where the pumpkins were still on the vine and had a great time wandering around and looking at all the wide varieties.






This particular pumpkin stem was HUGE!
There were also tiny gourds, squash and tiny pumpkins there as well.

Tiny pumpkins! So cute :)


And white pumpkins too! I think they're really cool.

Smashing Pumpkins. (Not smashed by us)


I kept this tiny pumpkin/squash/thing because it was just too perfect and too cute. It's sitting on my desk as I type this.

Selfie time!


This was the pumpkin we chose. Too bad I was too focused on taking a good pic of my hubby otherwise I would've included the WHOLE pumpkin in the shot, ha! He has distractingly good looks.

The pumpkin patch had attractions for the kiddos. It was a very cute and fun destination!

Bright sunset over the patch (and lots of people)

I loved the color of these pumpkins!

It looks like a plush cushion.

Delectable winter squash for sale.



This place had a petting zoo. Fluffy geese!

A super scrawny turkey that might not be delicious enough by Thanksgiving time.

A BABY KANGAROO! So cute!



This pig was monstrous. It took 15 minutes for the poor girl to get on her feet.

Normal-sized children for scale. HUGE pig, I tells ya.
The trip was short (We were only there for maybe 40 minutes or so) but it was a lot of fun and we will DEFINITELY be going back and for a longer visit. They also had some nights where they screened movies (yesterday's movie screening was "Watcher in the Woods"! Ha!) and they had food trucks there and some nights they invited live music to be there...it's definitely a place worth going every autumn. Plus, it's FREE, except the pumpkins which you paid for of course.

Next week is Halloween. For the first time in a while, I'm actually pretty excited since we have costumes planned and a couple of activities leading up to the day. Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Jeanne, the mom and grandmom said...

What a great place! And I can see how large the fields are from your photos. But, I can't imagine they sold all the pumpkins by Halloween! I wonder what they do with all the leftovers? Animal food? Great idea - the petting zoo. I loved the fluffy geese. And also how fun to show movies.