Sunday, October 12, 2014

It's Autumn-time!

Yesterday evening, at my request and when all of our chores were sufficiently completed, Ryan and I went driving up the canyon in search of autumn colors. We didn't have a destination in mind, I thought that maybe going up to the Sundance resort could be nice, but we instead opted for Nun's Park, which we both forgot lead to Bridal Veil falls.

The trails leading up the falls were gorgeous and the weather was perfect and all in all it was an amazing, completely unplanned activity. Here are some shots I managed to get while up on the trail. I couldn't stop taking pictures, the colors were AMAZING, and I tried being conservative for the blog, but there are still lots of pictures. This is partly because Ryan felt compelled to use this time to compare his iPhone 6 plus camera with my GH2. So some of the pictures will look similar, and you be the judge if the iPhone compares at all (I think it does in some ways!). The lens I used for most of the time gets a little tighter of a shot compared to his phone, so that was a big difference between the two. Anyways, check it out!

Taken with GH2
Ryan's version


Taken with GH2

Ryan's version


Taken with GH2

Ryan's version
Taken with GH2

Ryan's version

Taken with GH2

Ryan's version

Taken with GH2

Ryan's version

Taken with GH2

Ryan's version




Taken with GH2

Ryan's version






Taken with GH2

Ryan's version











Finally, a selfie taken with Ryan's phone
Yesterday evening was perhaps the best evening we've had in a long time. It was well-deserved after the week we both had to endure: his being a week full of a vicious cold, mine being the most insane week I've had to endure so far at this job, including the week I was in Las Vegas. We capped off the evening by eating at the newly opened Bruges Waffles and Frites restaurant. It was delectable! The first restaurant is in Salt Lake City, which is where I fell in love with it, and now they have this location that is mere blocks away from where I live. Very dangerous to my physique ha!

Happy Autumn, everyone! I hope the colors are bright wherever you are :)

3 comments:

Emily S. said...

So so so pretty!!!! What a gorgeous day!! Thanks for sharing. :)

Peeser said...

Beautiful! And what are those crazy Dr. Seuss-like plants??

Autumn is definitely my favorite!

Jeanne, the mom and grandmom said...

Well, I am VERY IMPRESSED with the photos from both cameras! I just made one of your leaf ones my desktop background.