Sunday, February 16, 2014

Macro Photography

Yesterday, I FINALLY had a chance to test out a birthday present from my parents: a set of macro filters for my big 14-140mm lens. I haven't had a lot of time to myself to really test them out and so yesterday Ryan and I went around and I got to stretch my photographer muscles and see what I could do with these filters. Ultimately, I'm EXTREMELY happy with how they came out and am planning another small outing tomorrow in search of more subject matter.

So here are some of the pictures I got. I love that a lot of them are pieces of evidence that Spring is, in fact, almost here. I will say that when I took the pictures, it was around 50 degrees and absolutely perfect outside! So it was great to see all the signs of Spring physically as well as smell the Spring-y air and hear all the birds chirping.















4 comments:

Jeanne, the mom and grandmom said...

Beautiful! I particularly love the third from the top photo - the green contrasting with the brown.

Beckie said...

Very impressive...excited to see what else you capture.

Ellaniemae said...

I have to admit that I get lost in all the technical stuff of the sizes of lenses and lens speeds that you refer to in your blogs, but when I looked at the pictures, I loved how clear and bright and magnified everything was. Very impressive! You have such a great eye! I, too, can't wait to see more...

Sarah Lambson said...

So Jealous of you and your camera! Can't wait for spring to show it's face here as well.

Also can't wait to see you soon!!!