Monday, February 10, 2014

Birthdays and Festivals

Between my birthday happening, Sundance Film Festival, changing over jobs and other such daily happenings in my life, a month certainly flies by without taking much effort at all. Suddenly, we're in the second month of 2014 and suddenly Ryan is taking midterms, I'm feeling even more distant from BYU and life is altogether getting back into a normalcy that we both love.

My birthday was way back in January on the 17th. Ryan got me a kettle to fuel my tea addiction as well as a really cool Death Star tea infuser.





 I got other gifts such as a rice cooker, a new messenger bag for work (I'll eventually photograph it since it's so cute!), gift cards, music, a silicone muffin pan, books, and another late gift I'll get to later in this blog.

That night, Ryan and I celebrated by eating dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Station 22. I had their signature Chicken and Waffles and Ryan got the Jack Kerouac burger which has a healthy portion of brie cheese on it. Dessert consisted of deep-fried cookie dough.




 We capped off the night watching some favorite movies/TV shows, such as "Pushing Daisies".

Ready to watch some good ol' TV!
The next 10 days or so was spent volunteering at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City. I basically commuted 45 minutes every morning to Park City and spent the next 8 hours hanging out in the Foundations office/Donors Lounge and helped Donors out with getting their credentials and tickets. It was a pretty easy gig so that was good.
This is the main lounging area of the office. Rather peaceful and comfy.
Selfie during the long hours in the office!
Another selfie.
 Some of that time at Sundance, I was able to actually ATTEND some of the films. Well, two to be exact. Not many considering I had a ton of vouchers that got me in for free. I didn't have a lot of time for movie-watching.


The director of "Captivated: The Trials of Pamela Smart", Jeremiah Zagar
The director of "Web Junkie", Shosh Shlam
Me with my Volunteer credential. 
 It was a good experience, but maybe next year I'll stick to attending instead of volunteering. I want to see more of the films!

The rest of the time from Sundance to now has been spent getting acclimated to life after BYU. I actually changed jobs in the middle of Sundance and am now working in a company located in Orem. It's called Forever Green and it's been a great job so far. I'm basically doing what I was doing at BYU Communications, so it's good that I'm back in my element. We're working on preparing for the big convention in Las Vegas that will be launching new products and whatnot. The convention will be at the end of March so I'm looking forward to that!

This past week we had a our annual Valentines Dance and so we got all gussied up for that and ate lots of chocolate-covered goodies. It was a good time. But right before that, I opened a belated present from Beckie: an 8mm video camera! It probably still works though getting my hands on film for it will be a little tricky. It looks awesome though, don't you think?



Ready for some dancing and some chocolate!


Here's a random picture showing off the brooch I got up in Park City at a consignment store. It's green but you can't tell in this picture.
 Now we're getting excited for our actual Valentines celebration this weekend and I'm looking forward to going to the True/False film festival in my hometown at the end of February!

4 comments:

Ellaniemae said...

I absolutely LOVE the brooch! I love it, I love it, I love it!

(Can you tell that if you ever decide to part with it, I hope it finds a home at my house?)

Hope to see you soon! Travel safely!

Sarah Lambson said...

Your life is so lovely. I am SO jealous that you got to go to True/False! Someday that will be me as well.

I love how nerdy our family is and that you were excited about a death star tea infuser. (:

Miss you TONS and can't wait to see you soon!!!

Beckie said...

That birthday dinner looked amazing. I can't wait to hear of your adventures at True/False and visiting Columbia in the worst possible time of year. I know you'll have a blast.

Jeanne, the mom and grandmom said...

What a nice blog! That camera is really cool! So is the tea infuser