Monday, September 9, 2013

Thirty Day Photography Challenge: Day 28

Well, I'm back. It was a rough 48-hour period of no Internet. But the cable company came by and fixed our Internet as well as our cable TV, so hello again Netflix and watching the morning news during breakfast!

So I'll get back on track and post the next three days consecutively. The pictures I have for today were actually taken on Saturday when I went to the Utah State Fair with one of my best friends, Tamara. The weather was perfect (except for the random ca-ray-zee storm that rolled in at around 5pm) and we had a BLAST. I got to hold a baby bunny, eat a corn dog, fresh-squeezed lemonade and bought a giant bag of kettle-corn, rode on the ferris wheel and one of those boat rides that swings back and forth at crazy speeds and goes up super high as well as did many other activities.

And I took pictures of the flowers that were up for the blue ribbon at the horticulture/floriculture display.

Flowers






This particular display above is for the miniature flower arrangements. They had tiny blue and red ribbons! How CUTE is that?!

So I know I've taken better flower pictures in the past. That's partly why I didn't try so hard this time because I wanted to enjoy the fair, not fuss over the lighting or how the flowers looked. I've had some pretty successful flower photography moments in the past and feel that I succeed fairly well in that field. But I know I could improve, just that I didn't feel like overdoing it this day.

I'll try and blog more about my experience at the fair. I am a FAIR JUNKIE and would love the opportunity to show all the other pictures I got at the fair (though we left before twilight/nighttime so I didn't get any good long-exposure light shots of the rides, something I was hoping to do. Maybe next year...)

So, the next two days will be taken on the actual day and they may suffer because of my running out of steam and the fact that Tuesdays and Wednesdays are absolutely crazy.

1 comment:

Ellaniemae said...

My personal favorite is the one where you are in the park kneeling by the red flower. It was taken way back at the beginning of this 30 day challenge.