Monday, August 19, 2013

Thirty Day Photography Challenge: Day 9

The "Someone You Love" has got to be obvious: who, in my general vicinity, would be the best candidate for the "Someone You Love" photography day?

Obviously not my husband.

Oh wait.

Yep, I took pictures of Ryan. He's already been a side-act to many of these photos (comes with living with a budding photographer, right?), but now I want to feature the man that I married two years ago.

DAY 9-Someone You Love
 Lens: Lumix G 20mm f/1.7
ISO 1250, f/1.7, 1/250
(used photoshop elements to enhance eyes, change lighting levels, and boost saturation to give more blue tones)

I married a stud, didn't I? And don't you love that shirt?

Today was the day of my ultrasound. On a whim, I asked Ryan if he wanted to come with me for moral support. He agreed and off we went at 8:30 in the morning to see what was going on in my abdomen. And then we just decided to take the rest of the day off. So today has been a fantastic extension to the weekend, both of us bumming around, bingeing on "Scrubs" (we're trying to watch it all before school starts, which might not actually happen, but it's fun to try!), smooching here and there and really milking the impromptu day off. And, if you're curious, I haven't heard back about my ultrasound. I tried calling the doctor for my results to no avail. Sigh.

Ryan is one of those people who always makes me laugh. He'll just look at me, not even trying to be silly, and I'll bust out laughing. And he is so good about letting me pull his attention away from his games and he will dote on me when I need him most. He scratches my back when I ask, he handles my mood swings like a pro, and he will support my obsessions (like hedgehogs and succulents) with grace, allowing me to fantasize about our future as hedgehog parents. He is always full of surprises, but mostly it's his solidarity and loyalty that keeps me falling more and more in love with him. Despite our fast dating/engagement period, I always felt like I made a fantastic choice and each day with him supports that decision.

Anyways, that's all for today. I could keep going on about how much Ryan means to me, but that would take forever. Until tomorrow!

2 comments:

Ellaniemae said...

I would guess that your ultrasound results might take a week or two. Good luck... I find that by not thinking about it, the time goes by faster somehow. But I also have an obsessive personality and know how hard that is to do. Again, good luck!

Jeanne, the mom and grandmom said...

DON'T GET A HEDGEHOG - it will just end up here with all the other pets left by assorted siblings.