Sunday, August 18, 2013

Thirty Day Photography Challenge: Day 8

Today's day is "Routine". Since it's Sunday today, and I don't really have an established routine on Sundays I was really tempted to switch tomorrow and today just so I could blog about my weekday routine, one that is well established and easy to do. But I asked Ryan what I should do and he said that it would be an interesting challenge to photograph my routine on Sundays.

So here we go, this is my routine on any given Sunday.

DAY 8-Routine (with commentary)

Lens: Lumix 20mm f/1.7
ISO 1600, f/1.7, 1/200

Most times, the day starts out slow. I'll wake up at 7:30 to take my daily medications (antihistamine, stomach acid reducer...) and then we'll slowly get out of bed when our tummies grumble with hunger, and at least half an hour has past (thanks, acid reducing medicine and your silly rules). Since June, when Animal Crossing: New Leaf came out, I check my town and make sure everything is running smoothly. So here I am, lounging on the couch, watering my flowers in my game.

 (Lens is the same)
ISO 1000, f/1.7, 1/500

Since I made pancakes yesterday, we had leftover pancakes for breakfast. The syrup is deceiving since I ate my pancakes with raspberry jam. Breakfast is eaten at our dinner table typically instead of the coffee table where we eat our dinner while watching TV shows like Star Trek. If it's late enough, I'll watch Music and the Spoken Word to breakfast. Today was not one of those days so I ate it in mostly silence (Ryan was playing one of his games while I ate).

Lens: Lumix Vario 14-140mm zoom lens
ISO 320, f/5, 1/10

Once breakfast has been consumed and much lounging has been done (we don't have church until 1pm), I start getting ready. This was taken at around 11am. I took a long morning nap after breakfast. If today was a day I felt like doing my hair, I would start doing it much earlier. But I just put my hair in a bun today. I was feeling lazy.

(Same lens as above)
ISO 1600, f/4.2, 1/125

Ryan shaving is a Sunday morning ritual. He'll shave for work on Wednesday or Thursday and put off shaving again until Sunday, by which time he's accumulated quite the thick layer of stubble. So while I'm getting the Sunday church paper program together, I hear his electric razor buzzing away at his whiskers in the bathroom. Look at that concentration!

 (Same lens as above)
ISO 3200, f/4.7, 1/50

Dressed and ready to go to church!

(same lens as above)
ISO 3200, f/4.5, 1/50

I love watching Ryan tie his tie. He is very precise on how it looks, how long it sits on his torso, and if the knot looks nice. It's one of the small things that he is very particular about, another being his church belt (we spent an hour last Saturday looking for one that fit all of his specifications. We didn't find one, he ended up ordering one off Amazon). I love this man through and through and he is one of the most photogenic people I've ever met. I'm glad he's willing to put up with me taking pictures of him.

And then we were off to church. The remainder of the evening was nice, filled with dinner at Ryan's grandma's house, good laughs with family, and great German food.

Tomorrow, for what it's worth, I'm getting an ultrasound for my gallbladder. I've been having some upper abdominal pain the last few weeks after particularly big meals, pain so intense that I've almost gone to urgent care for them to take care of it. My doctor is thinking gallbladder, but my own WebMD research and wikipedia'ing has led me to believe it's an ulcer. Heaven knows I'm stressed enough a lot of the time for it to be an ulcer. Just felt like updating people who wanted to know the serious goings-on in my life.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Ellaniemae said...

Sounds like gallbladder to me, too, but I am definitely not a doctor. Good luck at your appointment tomorrow. I expect an update on the appointment soon. :)