Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thirty Day Photography Challenge: Day 5

I have been saving up my sparklers I bought on Pioneer Day (July 24th and a fireworks holiday here in Utah) just for a special occasion where I could play with them and use my long exposure. So I finally had an excuse to go out and play. Here are some of the results of our tomfoolery with sparklers in the parking lot of our complex.

DAY 5-After Dark
Lens: Lumix Vario 14-140mm zoom lens
ISO 160, f/6.3, 10" exposure
(Used a tripod)

 Ryan time traveled! (He actually just ran around and it had an interesting effect)

 Spinning in a circle and swirling around.

 Heart!

 Infinity!

 This was the end of my sparkler, so it just did a fizzle, but still kind of a neat picture.

 Random squigglies look super cool.

 First star attempt.

Second star attempt.

This was a fun photo "shoot" and I have big plans to do some long exposure star pictures, long exposure night street/traffic pictures...Long exposure pictures are some of the best if you know what you're doing. Even if you don't, it's still fun to experiment!

3 comments:

Sarah Lambson said...

First of all, know that I hate you and your fancy camera. (JK, I LOVE you and am just super envious).

Second, I think it is awesome that you are taking this photo journey and I love seeing the results! Someday when I get a real camera this will be me.

Love and miss you!





Ellaniemae said...

These pictures are totally awesome!

Jeanne, the mom and grandmom said...

I LOVE the star and the heart.