Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Thirty Day Photography Challenge: Day 4

I spy with my little eye...


...something green.


This little lone army man sits atop our TV and has for the last three months. One day while Ryan and I were at Trafalga (an all-around fun center) playing mini-golf, we found an arcade token on the floor of the arcade. We decided to put it to good use and Ryan had me stretch my dusty basketball skills playing the basketball game where the hoop moves to various positions and you try and make as many baskets as possible. I wasn't as bad as I thought and managed to win us 10 tickets. Those tickets got us this little guy. His leg forever lifted up in a lunge/jump sort of position. Gun held off to the side. Arm in the air signaling to his imaginary comrades.

Here are some more pictures to really showcase this little dude.

Lens: Nikon 50mm lens
ISO 2000, f/1.8, 1/60



Though this army man doesn't fit the decor in any way (not that we really have any decor in our living room, it's still very much a shabby college living room), I like looking at it while watching ample amounts of "Gilmore Girls" or "30 Rock" and smiling at that random memory on Memorial Day (did I fail to mention we got it on Memorial Day? Kinda fitting, don't you think?)

1 comment:

Ellaniemae said...

Your soldier is trying to flag down the rescue chopper, hand waving, "Hey what about me?"