Friday, August 30, 2013

Thirty Day Photography Challenge: Day 20

Well, here I am! I lied when I said I would post twice on Saturday! Muahahaha!

Actually, what happened was that when we got home from our half-day at work today, we realized that the only reasons why we wanted to camp were to eat s'mores over a fire and sleep out in the open. So the effort of actually camping and doing all that work in less than 12 hours wasn't appealing. So...we're gonna do all of it in the comfort of our apartment! We bought ourselves a cheapie outdoor grill to cook hot dogs and get those delicious s'mores and then we'll set up the tent in the living room, throw open our windows, snuggle in the sleeping bags and spend the evening in lantern light and playing card games. So that's the plan, Stan.

And that's why I'm here. Blogging. Instead of sweating.

Today's challenge is titled "In My Bag". You get a peek into what I carry with me when I go around town and whatnot.

I was going to blog what I carry around in my backpack, but my backpack is quite ugly, so I decided to model my cute and favorite purse and all the things I can cram into it.

In My Bag
1. Kindle Touch (featured in a previous post)
2. Reading/Driving glasses from Costco
3. Fingernail grooming kit. And underneath it is my pill case, full of ibuprofen, Benadryl and extra doses of Claritin. I guess I forgot to number it (oops!)
4. Wallet (fun fact: I got this for my birthday from Ryan last year)
5. Epi-pen, a must since I've been known to burst into anaphylactic shock at odd times.
6. A regular pen
7. iPhone, though it's usually in my back pocket for optimal availability to text or call anyone
8. Headphones
9. *Ahem* Tampons. These are Tampax Sport, for what it's worth. And I love them.
10. Sunglasses
11. Inhaler. This is more for treating symptoms when anaphylactic shock occurs. I've only used it twice in the 3-4 years I've owned it. But I keep it with me just in case.
12. Burt's Bees chapstick
13. Hand lotion. This kind is midnight pomegranate from Bath & Body Works.
14. My actual purse. Yes, it can hold all of this! I love the yellow on the outside and the lovely navy pattern fabric on the inside.

So based on my contents, I've come to realize that I'm very paranoid about having another allergic reaction. The last serious one was more than two years ago. But I was told to keep it with me and it just became habit. But the pill case is more for the ibuprofen than the Benadryl. And the inhaler could really be left home on most occasions.

This was a fun challenge. I don't have a lot of random things in my purse because I move from bag to bag quite frequently, so I never accumulate odd items or trash. When I'm in a rush, I'll usually just carry my wallet, phone, epi-pen, chapstick and phone in the purse. And most of this stuff can be found in my backpack when I go to school.

Here are some more pictures of the stuff:





See ya tomorrow!

2 comments:

Beckie said...

Despite the slight "walking medical case" condition of your purse, I am impressed that you keep it so light. If I were to photograph contents of any of my purses, there would be copious amounts of change and receipts, as well as too many lipsticks and pens. And basically nothing that I truly need. I'll borrow your epi pen when I have my allergic reaction.

Kirsti said...

Haha, yeah, I think me being able to keep it light has something to do with the fact that I keep moving my things from purse to purse and clean it out when I do that. I like knowing where everything is so nothing remains in a purse except for maybe a pen.