Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Thirty Day Photography Challenge: Day 18

I have results!

I called the Imaging center that took my ultrasounds and requested they fax the results again to the student health center and they did as asked. By this afternoon, I got a call from the nurse practitioner who then told me what was going on.

Drumroll please....

Gallstones!

I have a few very small gallstones in my gallbladder that I guess have been causing a few moments of pain. Nothing serious. My gallbladder isn't inflamed or scary so my nurse practitioner told me that surgery isn't needed unless the pain becomes consistent, persistent and I'm vomiting or feverish. Then surgery is very much needed. So I just need to eat smaller meals, less fatty foods and all that jazz.

Phew! What a relief! I'm glad that I know what is going on in my body. And that it's nothing serious. I had moments where I thought it could be stomach cancer or something crazy like that and how my life would change drastically. But it's just a couple of pesky gallstones. And not anything to be worried about.

Anyways, now to the challenge.

Today, Ryan and I went to the City Creek Center to give Ryan's macbook pro a new battery. Turns out, though, he didn't need one. So we took an evening trip to Salt Lake City for no real reason except to spend a nice night together. So the pictures I took were while we were on the road.

Your Shoes




It was a nice little getaway, even if not a lot of shopping was done. But that's what Labor Day is for!

Today was a good day: found out about my freaking ultrasound, went to Salt Lake City, and we're one more day closer to the weekend (a weekend where Ryan and I are going CAMPING! So I'll try to blog on Friday before I go, but no promises...)

Alright, I'm done for now. Gilmore Girls is calling.

3 comments:

Sara said...

NO! Eat more fat, fewer carbs. Gallstones are caused by a build up of bile used to digest fat in the gall bladder, eating a high fat, low carb diet flushes that out instead of letting it sit and become gall stones. Healthy fats though, coconut oil, avocados, nuts, etc.

Ok. Rant over. I don't have sources on me, but Google it.

Also, cute shoes.

Ellaniemae said...

I am very relieved that you got such wonderful news!! I know first-hand how having an answer, any answer, is one less thing to worry about. Also glad you don't have to have a pesky operation...

Beckie said...

I'm so glad it isn't anything more serious than that. I hope the small diet changes go well, and if you need anything (motivation, healthy snacks, etc...) from deep in the pacific, I am here to help. And the photo's continue to look great. You really master that camera.