Monday, August 26, 2013

Thirty Day Photography Challenge: Day 16

Today has NOT been a good day. I'm getting to this challenge so late because I've been in a funk that started the moment I got home from work and realized I didn't want to be a responsible adult who makes dinner each night and does things that adults do like washing dishes or planning a quick FHE. But I bit the bullet and eventually did what needed to be done, including taking these pictures. Sure, I did everything a little later than I should've, but it got done.

So, here are today's pictures: over-saturated on account of having terrible lighting in my apartment, and very uninspired because I was dragging my feet all day.

A Good Habit




I took all of these pictures with my Nikon 50mm lens and am trying to really explore this lens to its full capacity. I'm pretty pleased with the depth of field and how versatile it is. But someday soon, I'll actually use this bad boy for something truly epic!

Also, my good habit is exactly what you see: working out. For the last year (on and off, mind you), I have been working out in the morning before I go to work. Typically this means I work out at 5:30 in the morning so that I have enough time to get ready and eat breakfast before my 8am shift. The three DVDs seen here are the three I'm currently doing, not in the same day though. On my tougher, longer workout days, I do the Jillian Michaels DVD and on my lighter days, I do portions of the Bob Harper workouts. Not that his DVDs are any easier, they just focus more on strength and less on cardio whereas Jillian does a LOT of cardio that makes me sweat A TON. I could probably boost my weights, but for now they do the job and keep my biceps/triceps burning.

So there's my good habit. Though I'm contemplating skipping tomorrow on account that I am feeling crummy and my muscles are sore from the tough, 65-minute workout on Saturday. But I set my alarm every night for 5:20am so that I still wake up and guilt myself into working out. That's what I did this morning. I was fully ready to roll over and sleep a little longer. But I was awake and so I just got up and did what needed to be done.

Moral of the story, both in the "good habit" thing and in life in general: the world will tell you to give up and you'll even want to listen to it, but you just gotta push through and you'll feel better at the end.

That's it for Monday. Tomorrow is another day. I hope it's a good one!

No comments: