Friday, August 23, 2013

Thirty Day Photography Challenge: Day 13

I was at an absolute loss as to what I was going to do for day 13-"Cannot Live Without". Every time I would think of something, like music, movies, Harry Potter, or showers, it would seem superficial. Sure, in the figurative sense I can't live without those things, but it just never seemed right. And unfortunately, I don't have family members readily available to photograph right at this very moment, so I took the "cannot live without" challenge QUITE literally. So here goes:

Cannot Live Without

FOOD!

I literally cannot live without FOOD. Brilliant, right?!

Okay, so I kind of did this day half-heartedly. But can you blame me? It's Friday and I was way excited for our easy-going date night. We opted out of camping this weekend (it's been quite rainy and is predicted to continue to be rainy all weekend long) and so Ryan and I decided to try a delicious Asian cuisine restaurant right around the corner from our apartment. And I had been craving some good Japanese/Chinese food.

So I decided to snap some quick pics of my meal. I got a Chinese Bento styled meal of sesame chicken, a salad (the white stuff in the left corner), what tasted like potato tempura (in the center top), fried rice, and gyoza (bottom right). Ryan got Kung Pao Chicken with a side of fried rice.

All in all a good evening and we finished off the night by watching "Lars and the Real Girl": I have to watch this movie at least 2-3 times a year it is THAT good. Check it out, folks!

And here are some other pictures I snapped.




Yum yum! This may be a bad thing that it's so close. I may keep coming back for that gyoza.

Tomorrow, I PROMISE to take this challenge more seriously. But I mean, come on, what kind of picture challenge is "cannot live without"? I guess I could've taken a picture of my laptop or phone or something VERY materialistic like that, but I like my answer.

No comments: