Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Thirty Day Photography Challenge: Day 11

Okay, so this particular day is going to be a little lame. BUT let me just say that I had a full day of work (8am-4:30pm to be exact), and then only a little time after I got home until Ryan and I had to go to his high school best friend's wedding reception. And now I'm finally at home, in my pajama shorts and oversized shirt and reviewing my pathetic "something blue" pictures.

I say pathetic because the wedding reception colors were white...and BLUE. So I should've gotten more, right?

Wrong.

They had a cookie bar. As in a counter/table space full of different types of cookies. And your choice of white or chocolate milk. And I was too busy stuffing my face full of those delicious peanut butter blossoms and milk chocolate chunk cookies and snickerdoodles and gingersnaps and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies...I could go on. My tummy is bursting with yumminess, but my camera SD card was starved as a result.

So here are my (pathetic) something blue pictures.

Something Blue
Lens: Lumix Vario 14-140mm zoom lens
ISO 2000, f/4.7, 1/1300 (these numbers were a little ridiculous, but I also had LITTLE time to really pick my settings without being mistaken for the wedding photographer)

See?! How in the world am I supposed to take pictures when those little delights were calling out to me? Cookies are probably my biggest weakness. But the evening was absolutely gorgeous, the reception area enchanting, and the company was fantastic. It was a good evening, even if I shamefully didn't take as many pictures as I would've liked.

But there you have it. My "something blue" pictures. It's kinda funny that the "something blue" day would end up on the day I go to a wedding reception. And both Ryan and I wore blue to the reception (can you see his blue button-up shirt peeking out from the left side of that second picture?). I would've taken some pictures with my lovely, flowy blue with white-stripes maxi skirt, but by the time I remembered to do it, the lighting was too dark. Boo. Guess I'll have to showcase that piece of clothing another day.

Update on my ultrasound: Nothing yet. Called again today, actually got ahold of the nurses at the doctor's office instead of a message, but they said that my ultrasound hadn't yet arrived (I went to an outside imaging facility). But they'll call me the minute they are there. So another day of uncertainty and wondering if my gallbladder will suddenly erupt because I accidentally ate something to irritate it. In the meantime, I'm keeping the Tums handy...

1 comment:

Jeanne, the mom and grandmom said...

oh my goodness, those cookies look amazing. What a brilliant idea - cookies and milk for a reception.