Thursday, May 2, 2013

Spring is here!

It's the beginning of May, which means that school is out for us, work is in full-swing (Ryan is doing full-time, and I'm doing part-time while also kindasorta looking for another summer gig to get me extra dough), and our lives are taking on a different rhythm. It's the kind of rhythm I definitely don't mind seeing as it's slower paced, less urgent and overall a lovely shift from the chaos that is winter into the mellow sunshine of Spring. 

Since the beginning of last week, we've been living this easier life: my days consist of work from 8-noon as always and spending the afternoons working out, eating lunch, showering, running errands, really cleaning the rooms in our small apartment, and reading. Part of me really doesn't want to find that second summer job because my afternoons have been such a breath of relief for me. I can finally focus on improving myself in different ways than just furthering my education (which, don't get me wrong, is important and wonderful). Ryan's days are slightly less exciting: he works from 8-4:30 every day, comes home and eats whatever food I've prepared for him and then caters to my ever-present neediness (in a good way).

It's a simple life around here during the months we don't have school, but you know what? I'm okay with that. School is so rapid, crazy and stressful that I NEED these months to recuperate.

Those of you who are on Facebook have already seen the pictures I took when Ryan and I attended the Tulip Festival last week in Thanksgiving Point. But in case you don't do Facebook, allow me to shower this blog with the colors of all the pretty flowers we saw. The gardens at Thanksgiving Point are a little pricey ($10 a person, but for the WHOLE day), but I am always glad I splurged. They are quite amazing.










The following pictures are of some sculptures of stories of Christ that are in the process of being made by Angela Johnson. The full article of how they came about is here. But they were amazing to see!






























Anyways, these photos make me so happy and full of joy for Springtime. I wish I had something more to blog about...but I don't as of right now. Saturday, I'm going to be trying to do a "Photo an Hour" type thing and blog about it. Lets hope it's an interesting day!

3 comments:

Sarah Lambson said...

I seriously hate (and by hate I mean love) you and your amazing camera. These photos are magnificent! I'm super jealous of the experience and the beautiful flowers! It has only barely started feeling like spring here. Blah.

Charlene said...

The flowers are beautiful. You are very good with the camera. I was wonderning which camera you have, I am in the market for a new one. Any suggestions?

Kirsti said...

I have a Panasonic GH2, which isn't currently being sold except by personal sellers online since Panasonic now has the GH3 out. For most beginners, I'd suggest a Canon Rebel of any sort (the T2i and T3i are both very great quality and easy to use), or even some Nikon brands like the D5000. I could go on and on about cameras :)