Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Wonderful Month of May

Is it just me or has May been going by super fast? I have been keeping fairly busy, so that definitely plays a big role in the speed that May is going.

First of all, I failed to conclude the big cliffhanger: did I or did I not get my classes back? For those of you who follow me on Twitter, you know very well that I got my classes back! YAY! But for those of you who don't, I'm sorry for keeping you hanging like that. How rude of me.

Since the time I last posted, my documentary episode has gone through multiple edits, I have written 2 French papers, taken 2 French tests and celebrated the 1-year anniversary since Ryan proposed (click on the link there to read the blog post from that time). We have also settled into our new apartment, and I am loving it! It is a 15-minute walk to the JFSB, the "heart" of campus, a 10-minute bike ride to my work at the BYU Broadcasting building, it's close to Macey's and Smiths, and overall much more convenient than our last apartment.

Anyways, the location is perfect! And it stays fairly cool. We've only had to turn on our swamp cooler a few times, and usually after me and Ryan bike home. We replaced our shower head, so I absolutely love taking showers now. The ward is fantastic, and I just feel like this is where we need to be. I feel good where we are. I love that we have 2 bedrooms (the study room is still in shambles, but that's because we're still waiting to get furniture from my grandma)...I don't know! There's this weird sense of peace in the apartment when I'm here, and I love it.

Recently, we decided to walk around the neighborhood, and also pay a visit to the south campus pond. Here are some iPhone photos of our excursion.

 Here is the lovely pond in it's entirety.

 Goslings! Seriously, this time of year is my favorite because of all the little ducklings.

 Another view of the pond. Most of the ducks in the water are male, and I'm assuming their female counterparts are basking in the sun, much like human couples.

 Ryan is checking out the water, or quite possibly a turtle.

 Ducks on the rocks.

 A giant pile of goslings that are busy napping.

  I wanted to stuff my hands in that pile SO BAD...

 But mama duck was nearby watching closely. 

 This duck was awkward and the only one of its kind at the pond.

 If you look closely you can see another smaller pile of goslings.

 Turtles and a duck sun-bathing. How lovely.

 I was very good at following the rules, but it wasn't hard because the pond smelled horribly.

 Aaaand a random white duck. Huh.

Yay ducks!

It was a jolly good time at the pond. But I sorely miss our duck pond by the Provo river. One of these days we'll go there again and maybe have a picnic.

Well that's all for today. We've been very busy getting settled and having new adventures, I wish I had all the time in the world to blog about them all. But for now, this is what you get.

By the way, we'll be coming out to Missouri from July 17th to the 26th, so if you want to see us, you Missouri folk, start planning something! Bonne journée!

3 comments:

Ellaniemae said...

Glad to see everything is working out for you! I am way happy to see the ducks, too. I have been hiding from the Missouri sun a little bit, so I have not seen much wildlife. Although last Friday, at Steven's party the fire flies made an appearance, and I saw a deer this afternoon, which I was totally unprepared for. Good times!

Julina said...

We used to have this random white duck living in the pond behind my apartment... maybe he moved to Provo?

Thanks for sharing the pictures - I'm so glad your apartment seems to be working out so well.

Talk to you soon!

Sarah Lambson said...

I LOVE DUCKS!!!!