Thursday, April 26, 2012

Moving Day

Well, I'm back, after a 5-6 day absence. The wisdom teeth extraction went smoothly, I said some pretty ridiculous things while I woke up from the anesthesia, and Ryan was an absolute angel helping me recover. I had some ups and downs, but maybe I'll get into that for a later blog post. For now, I want to write about what's going on now: moving.

A couple of weeks ago, we saw an apartment that we loved, and we decided to take the plunge and move. We weren't going to move until I found a more substantial job, but because this was such a GREAT offer (only $60 more than what we're paying now, and it's closer, and two bedrooms!), we couldn't pass it up.

Fast forward to now. I hadn't really started packing until Monday night, and so now I'm panicking and wondering if we'll get everything done. Thankfully, we don't have to have the apartment sparkling clean just yet. But we'll do what we can while we're at it.

Here are some pictures of the process.
Before



After



Here is the pile I'm currently sitting next to:


It's been a very productive morning despite still being in pain and randomly breaking out in hives. Ryan's dad will come by with Ryan's brother and some of the neighbors and they'll help haul all this stuff over to our new apartment this afternoon. For now, I'm taking a much needed break and waiting for Ryan to come home from work with lunch.

More pictures to come tomorrow and Saturday!


1 comment:

Ellaniemae said...

What are the hives from, do you know?
Oatmeal baths help!

Glad you made so much progress in your move! Good luck!