Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Confession Time

Hey all. Tonight is going to be a short blog. I have 2/3 of a page left to write for an assignment due tomorrow, but I need a distraction from even THAT. Thank goodness my major isn't something that requires hours of concentration like engineering or math or something awful like that. With film, it doesn't take much concentration, at least for me.

Anyways, I'm currently listening to The Cranberries, a group I haven't listened to in a LONG time. It's kinda fun! So, with that in the background, I shall confess a few things, mostly strange things, that I haven't done in my life that I feel I should've done, or things that I HAVE done and feel ashamed for doing.

1. I have never pulled an all-nighter. Me and my sister discussed tonight via cell phone that I need to experience pulling an all-nighter at least once in my life. Maybe one day I'll take her advice.


2. I have watched "500 Days of Summer". Up until this moment, if people asked if I had seen "500 Days of Summer" I would either not answer and change the subject or I would say "I heard it was dumb." Mainly because I was slightly ashamed that I watched it, just like every other hipster at BYU.


3. I have never really eaten chicken salad. There are some foods out there that I have never tried (egg salad, deviled eggs, potato salad, baked beans, etc) because it just smells funny or looks gross. Chicken salad is one of them. Plus it has a gross amount of mayo.


4. I have never studied more than 2 hours without significant interruptions/distractions. To be honest, I've never really needed to. If I know it, then I know it. If not, I'm probably not going to learn in the next 10 minutes anyways. But I will go through the motions of studying because it makes me feel better and if I do worse than I want, at least I can say that I tried to improve my score. This is probably an awful philosophy, but it's gotten me this far.


5. I am currently laying on Ryan's side of the bed. I just thought I'd mention this since I'm hardly ever on this side of the bed. It's kinda fun, tee hee!


6. I've never had a cast for a broken bone. I've had a broken bone technically (my stress fracture in my foot), but I've never had a cast. I feel like I'm really missing out, especially on the "everyone gets to sign it!" part of it.


7. I've never had surgery, not even wisdom teeth. This will change in about a week and a half. Gulp (I'm getting my wisdom teeth out).


8. I owned a Furby. And I think it's still up in my parent's attic, plotting my demise.


9. I watched "Arthur" regularly during high school. And I would watch it every day in college if I had cable and/or access to the show.


10. I didn't like "Pride and Prejudice", the book. Yep. It was kinda boring. And not nearly as satisfying as the movie adaptations.


11. I actually like ONE Michael Bay film. Want to take a gander at which one? Okay, I'll tell you. I really like "The Island". In fact, I own it. And I've watched it multiple times. I may or may not want to watch it right now.


12. I've literally peed my pants. I think I was 13 when it happened, but it wasn't really my fault: my family is just so darn funny and I didn't want to leave the fun to use an actual bathroom. So my bladder just kinda let go at some point. It was awkward.


13. As of today, I am not really proud of a single film I've made. This sounds slightly defeatist and self-depricating, but really it's true. I think it's because I've never had the freedom to film something that I, personally, want to do. I've had fun doing each film I've made, but because I lack a really good camera at my disposal and real initiative, I haven't done anything yet that is truly great in my eyes. I hope that this changes over the summer.


14. I couldn't identify a Jonas Brothers song, even if my life depended on it. Not much else to say here except that I'm not too ashamed of this fact. I'm more impressed I've been able to avoid the epidemic so effectively. I can't say the same thing for the Biebs or Ke$ha, unfortunately.


15. I'm a slightly ashamed that I am one of those fast marriages girls. I still judge them harshly, until I remember that I am one as well. I hate when people ask how long me and Ryan dated until we got married, or how long we dated until we got engaged. Because both numbers are ridiculously low. I want to lie, but, alas, I can't. But I love my marriage, my husband, and everything about it. And I love that I can finally give a larger number as to how long we've been together/married.

Alright, that's all the confessions I can handle for one night. Until tomorrow!

1 comment:

Beckie said...

Chicken salad is awesome, and does not always have to be made with Mayo...you can make it with miracle whip, vinegar, oil, yogurt, etc...I do prefer mayo, but I use very little, and I usually use a lite mayo. I repeat, chicken salad is awesome.
All-nighters suck and usually don't do that much good. I have only successfully done about 2, and have attempted at least 10 more...in those cases, it never fails, I reach 3 a.m. and I just can't continue. My brain stops working and I can't reason through anything. I usually then go to bed and wake up around 6 a.m. to continue the cramming/writing. Also, most my all nighters (and attempts) have been done for papers, not tests. And not being home helps. I pulled one all nighter at Ellis during finals week when they are open 24 hours.

To conclude: Chicken salad, awesome. All nighters, rough and hard to do.