Monday, April 2, 2012

April 2nd

Today has been one of those whirlwind kind of days. Got up at 6:10am (our usual wake-up call), took a shower with my eyes shut almost the entire time with exhaustion, ate breakfast and got ready for work as Ryan showered and got ready for his 8am class. I dropped him off by the building where he has his math class and drove to the broadcast building for work.

Work today was one of those painful experiences where you are so grateful that time goes by swiftly. For the first half of it, a co-worker, who is normally talkative and generally a nice person, was cold, quiet, and snippy. They got impatient with me at some point and snapped at me to hurry and get something. Me and my other co-worker were quietly observing this person's behavior from a distance and wondering what in the world would phase said individual like this. But before we came to any conclusions, work was over and I was walking to my first class of the day, French. That went by fast since all we did was review for the test we have going on this week. I left early from that and was allowed 20 minutes of me-time in which I wrote a little bit of my book report due tomorrow and I listened to "The Decemberists" and breathed in the moment.

Next was my Documentary production class. We spent a little over two hours talking about social networking sites and how we can use it to our advantage in the film world and in promoting our religion/beliefs. It was a really great discussion, and we discussed heavily the Kony 2012 epidemic going throughout the internet.

After that, I headed down to the editing lab, my second home, and finished editing my first cut of my POV documentary. I have a feeling that it is trying to cover too much material in a short amount of time. I'll know on Wednesday if the rest of my classmates agree. But I'm pleased with how it turned out overall, and am glad that THAT is over with. That lasted about 2 and a half hours.

A drive home and a Gilmore Girls episode later, I'm here. Sitting on my couch, procrastinating writing the final 300 words of my book report and my French grammar homework, and listening to my folk music mix (currently, it's "Falling Slowly" from the "Once" soundtrack), and trying to will away my headache. Life is life today. Nothing spectacular, but nothing horrid. There were highs today and some definite lows. Currently, I'm praying that Ryan does well on his Math test. He needs a win, and I so desperately want that win to be a good score on this test.

As for me, my win is successfully getting my Fall semester schedule finalized today. I will be taking 18 credit hours, a full load. I may regret that when the semester starts, but for now I'm excited. The classes are as follows:

1. History of the Moving Image-3 credits
2. Media Arts History 1-3 credits
3. Editing: Documentary (block class)-3 credits
4. Introduction to Philosophy-3 credits
5. Nonfiction Production 1-3 credits
6. Writing about Art & Humanities-3 credits

Yep. The one regret I have is that I'm not taking a French class. I just can't fit it in. I would need special permission to take more than 18 credit hours, and I don't think I'll want to do that. The semester will be busy enough. This is what I get for getting into my major so late in the game. I won't be graduating when I should be (April 2013). I'll probably end up graduating in December of 2013 instead.

I really should take pictures. That way these daily posts can be both mentally and visually stimulating.

Still waiting for Ryan to be finished. In the meantime, I guess I'll finish my book report. Until tomorrow...


2 comments:

Dan said...

Who are you taking intro to philosophy from? I took it from Dr. Moser and it was awesome. Just like a film class in fact. Read about a subject, lecture, watch a movie on it and write a page about it. Super easy and fun.

Kirsti said...

I'm taking it from some guy named Jensen. And I just looked to see if there was a Dr.Moser, and there isn't! Drat! I would've LOVED that since what I'm hearing about Jensen is that he cares about his students but the class is a toughy.