Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Two Glorious Months

Hello all, greetings from the land that's had rain all day.

Yes, it's been a gloomy Wednesday. Already they tend to be my busiest day because I have class from 8am-6:40pm (with breaks in between). I have French from 8:00-8:50am (daily), then one of my film classes from 9:00-11:00am, another one of my film classes from 1:00-3:00pm and then the second half of the Book of Mormon class from 5:00-6:40pm with Ryan. In my 1-3 film class, we watch a movie on Wednesdays and since it's right after I eat my lunch I always fall asleep for at least 15 minutes. So I miss significant chunks of the exposition of the film. I enjoy the class, but I'm so sleepy after eating!

After my class today, though, I went home for an hour and baked a dozen cookies from an already made-up batch of cookie dough and made Ryan a sandwich since he doesn't get to go home before our religion class and needs food to keep him happy. So today hasn't been nearly that bad.

In my 9-11 film class, we watched our silent documentaries. After we filmed our processes, we swapped footage and had to edit someone else's process without their direction or help. So my appraised film footage was in the hands of someone else and I was left with 20 minutes of barely watchable footage. It was...an interesting experience. The first silent doc we viewed was, of course, my edited version of someone else's footage. It was interesting having people critique my work when half of it wasn't mine in the first place. But it wasn't boo-ed, and people actually found parts of it laugh-worthy (in a good way).

And now I've gotten away from what I was going to blog about originally. I guess it doesn't really matter what I talk about on here since it acts as a pseudo-journal of sorts. But as of today, me and Ryan have been married two months! I swear I won't do this counting thing much more, except for anniversaries and stuff. But holy cow! Two months?! There's something vastly different when someone asks you how long you've been married and you change from responding "one month" to responding "two months". Two is plural! I feel much more official and experienced even though we're only talking about months, not years. Not only has it been two months since our marriage, but we've now been together 6 months! That's HALF a year since I started seeing this guy as much more than an FHE goer. I can't believe that 6 months ago we started this journey. I can't believe that within 4 months of the start of that 6 months, we were married.

I'm so excited to embark on many more months (and years) with this man. We're already setting righteous goals for ourselves, getting into a healthy daily pattern of life, and amongst our crazy schedules we still have time to spare to strengthen our budding marriage and each day I feel that much closer to him emotionally, physically, and spiritually.

In fact, we're in the middle of one of our projects: both of us have given up social networking sites (Facebook, twitter, Google+) for the month of October so as to increase our productivity. I already notice a difference in how much time I have to first do the things I need to do and then have time to spare for the things I want to do. I've noticed it with Ryan as well. This act was inspired by Elder Ian Arden's talk in General Conference about time management. So we decided to do this on a whim and I haven't missed it nearly as much as I thought.

And even though it's rainy and gloomy today, the rain indicates that the weather is finally turning into Autumn weather and the fall colors will emerge and the smells of leaves and crisp air will fill my nose. Ah! I'm so excited! Carving pumpkins, drinking hot cocoa, wearing jackets and coats and scarves...I love this season!

This post was kinda all over the place. Deal with it!

1 comment:

Julina said...

I don't have a problem "deal[ing] with it" because 1) it's better than lesson planning and 2) your happiness makes me happy - I'm so pleased and proud of the two of you and your 6 months-and-counting anniversary.

Hope the cookies were awesome and the weather clears up soon.

Love ya, sis...