Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fifty

Fifty what, you may ask?

How about fifty new freckles on my arms due to exposure to the amazing summer sun.

Or maybe fifty different things I can do now that my stress fracture is healed.

Fifty different colors I've painted my nails this past year.

It could mean I only have fifty cents left in laundry quarters.

But, as much fun as it is to leave you hanging as to the meaning of the title, I'll ease your curiosity.

As of today, there are fifty more days in my engagement. Yeah, you TOTALLY didn't see that one coming (I'm being sarcastic, since obviously you all saw that coming since all I have is marriage/wedding on the brain).

Fifty! Tomorrow, we'll be in the 40s! And then soon there'll be a month left and, holy crap, I'll be on the brink of marriage-hood!... Marriage-dom? No, marriage-ness...ah, whatever, I'll be MARRIED. It's amazing to consider since about six months ago on the eve of my twentieth birthday, marriage wasn't something I was even considering until maybe after college graduation. I had a completely different life plan ahead of me six months ago. I was scared of not getting into the film program and anticipating choosing a new career path, I was sure that I was going to not go to school in the fall and bum around Maine with my sister (which sometimes still sounds like fun, were it not for my *ahem* plans).

But now, in a matter of a few short weeks, my plans have shifted drastically. I got into the film program, I ended up not bumming around Maine, and now, by August, I'll be sharing a life (and a house) with *gasp* a guy!

I'll stop reveling in the craziness of this whole situation. But, in all seriousness, I have those moments of "Woah, how did this all happen?" about three times a day. I look in the mirror and wonder how in the world I got to this point. But then it goes away and I happily go back to whatever shenanigans I was up to a few minutes before.

Which reminds me. I have a few updates for you readers.

First item of business, the mono that was getting me down all last week has all but cleared up! I still have a few lumps on my neck, but as for the pain in my throat: gone. I caved and got some steroids from the health center (prednisone for those curious as to what steroid) and they helped immensely. But now I've stopped taking them because there really isn't a need for them. I may have gotten lucky in the mono department and I might not have to deal with it anymore. I'll take two weeks of symptoms versus a month any day! But now I have to watch Ryan closely because he could show symptoms of mono for up to three months of the initial exposure to the virus. So he's not out of the fog until after the wedding. And, so help me, if he's sick on the actual day, I will punch a rhino.

Second thing, I have a new job! I haven't been officially hired yet, that will happen tomorrow. But a new frozen yogurt place is opening up and they interviewed me and deemed me hire-able. So hopefully it'll give me the money I need to sustain my current and future lifestyle. The actual store won't open for another week and a half or so, but if it means that I can quit BYU concessions, then I'm so okay with that. We shall see, though. But, yay! I'm done looking (for now). After two months of searching daily and applying to places all the time, it's all paid off.

Lastly, on Monday, Ryan accompanied me and witnessed the piercing of my ears. I had been talking about getting them pierced a few times before and mentioned on several occasions that I always wanted pierced ears for my wedding, but I guess Ryan was tired of all the talk and actually took me to a local Claire's and soothed my nerves long enough for me to sign my name on the waiver and sit in the chair as they punctured painful holes in my lobes. Yes, it was painful. I didn't cry, though, for fear of looking pathetic. But I hope I never have to do it again. They're healing nicely and there aren't any infections/allergic reactions yet. And if all goes well, I'll be able to take these studs out a week before the wedding and will be able to wear whatever earrings tickle my fancy for the big day.

Anyways, I think that's it. Wedding plans are going well. The wedding invite has been created, all that needs to happen is to get them printed, put into envelopes, and sent on their merry way. They are going to be sent out no later than the beginning of July.

Everything else is just peachy. I'm enjoying these gorgeous days and am so blessed that I'm not having to take finals today (like my roommate is having to do).

3 comments:

Peeser said...

It's nice to know you'll be especially "holey" for the wedding!


(Come on, you know someone HAD to make that a lame joke like that!)

I'm glad you got up the nerve to do it- finally... :)

Happy Fifty Days Left!

Sarah Lambson said...

This post makes me ALL kinds of happy. I think that the MORE I think about you being married, the MORE I think to my self, "WHAT? That's BONKERS!" Well, I guess I don't actually think "bonkers" but I DO think I should start using that word more.

Anyway, I think it's mostly when you mention you age that I think, "There is no way that my little sister is going to be married!" Because though you are 20 you always seem so much more mature to me. I often FORGET you are 20 and not my age.

I am so excited for you having a new job, newly pierced ears, and are almost fully healed!

And for a tiny bit of news on myself-the perhaps not accurate but consistent digital readout on the scale said 189.5 today. (:

Susan said...

Lots of excitement in your life- new job, holey ears, wedding! happy fifty. :)