Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day Eleven

a picture of something you hate
EW EW EW EW EW.
I hate squid. Their tentacles, their creepy unblinking eyes, their nasty little beaks hidden inside those tendrils, uggghhhhh! When I googled "squid" for this picture, I was quietly shrieking inside. I don't know where this fear came from, but it's there. It might be because when I go to the St.Louis Zoo, there are two rather large replicas of deep sea creatures: A large shark, and then this horrific, gigantic squid. Sharks scare me as much as they scare any decent human being, but squid...I'd much rather take my chances with the shark.

In other news (that are happy and not hate-worthy): I got into the Film Program at BYU! Got the email this morning, stared at the topic line for about 5-10 minutes, trying to interpret the words "Media Arts Program", wondering if that meant I was in or out. Yeah, I get a little neurotic when I'm presented with life-changing news. But I finally clicked on it, closed my eyes immediately and peaked at the first word: "Congratulations!" That was all I needed to see. I immediately started bawling. No joke. And I didn't even finish the rest of the email. I think it says something like "sign up for so-and-so classes and make sure that you sign this waiver so that we have permission to do so-and-so". I don't remember. Don't really think it's necessary to remember either since right now I'm SO HAPPY that I'm IN! I have a future after all! My dreams and aspirations to becoming a documentary filmmaker are THAT MUCH CLOSER.

Also, I've gotten all A's and B's in my classes, and even raised my Geology grade from a C+ to a B+! I also found out that Justyna, my former roommate and current good friend, is staying for Spring semester, so I don't have to say goodbye to her for the next few months! AH! All is good in my life (except for finding a second job...and my foot), and I'm super stoked to begin my adventures as a film student at Brigham Young University!

I'm in the mood for an amazing celebration! Who's with me?

4 comments:

Julina said...

With you in spirit, wish I could be with you in fact, bogged down in final projects (later start date and spring break will do that) here, but hearing rumors that you'll be heading east for a visit in July, maybe? If you can finally get past the Mississippi river and into IN, we can celebrate for real!
(OK, I know you technically made it past the Mississippi river last Summer en route to NH, but you didn't stay very long and didn't get to my actual residence, so I'm not counting it :)

Love you sis!

Sarah Lambson said...

Do a celebration dance for me will you? I don't mean do a dance in honor of me celebrating you. Do a celebration dance like a RAIN dance-only you are dancing for celebration worthy news to come MY way!

I am intensely excited for you and I hope that you continue this streak of achieving your dreams!

LOVE!

Silentwhisper1 said...

I don't know who you are but-- "hurray!" Congrats.Good for you.
And pretty blog:)

raucousloki said...

I don't know who you are as well, but as far as 'changing the world one blog at a time' goes, I am afraid as strange and sometimes creepy as squids are, 'hate' I do not. THEY'RE FREAKN' AWESOME! (especially compared to most homo sapiens as far as I'm concerned..)
oh, and congrats! that IS awesome...makin' your goals come closer is somethin' beautiful!