Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 7

a picture of your most treasured item

Call me cheesy (I have been spouting some awful cheesy phrases the last few days) but my family is probably my most treasured item. More than my car, my phone, my iTunes, my laptop, my camcorder....if I lost my family I don't know where I'd be. Probably an orphanage, despite the fact that I'm old enough to fend for myself at this point. 

I almost changed this answer tonight after finding out certain facts about dinner conversations at the Lambson home. I love my family, but sometimes the things they talk about, the comments they make....it's enough to make a girl go crazy. I'm always the first person in the family to storm out of a room when a conversation gets too heated or if the family, in general, gets too crazy. I truly do love you guys (family members, not you creepy trolls), but sometimes the thought process in what is being said isn't really put into practice. I blame it on the rapid fire of witty comments and our need to contribute before someone else steals our thunder. We, the siblings, should take after our father and think long and hard before we expel any sort of witty (read as ridiculous and corny) pun.

I guess I shouldn't be so dramatic. I wasn't about to change my answer after receiving that concerned phone call from my mom tonight. I love my family (haven't I stated that enough?!). I wouldn't have them any other way, obnoxious comments and all. They're the reason why I am the person I am today.

But would it hurt you guys to talk about something deep and meaningful during dinner?

3 comments:

Sarah Lambson said...

I bet the CoMO gang is just super excited for you! Of course, I don't know what they were talking about or what the phone call was about.

I love that you chose family for this photo. Of course I HATE my Luna hair. What was I THINKING?? Trying to go as blonde as I could...it looks so ORANGE!

But I love YOU in this photo! A genuine laugh! And that outfit! Do you still have that? It's super cute.

Yeah, I love our family too, but we wouldn't be The LAMBSON'S if we didn't try to be witty and slightly bug each other from time to time.

Love ya!

Peeser said...

Like Sarah, part of what I love so much about this photo is your fantastic laughing face!

It's nice to know I rank above your iPod (at least, I do as a collective member of the family- I may not rank as high individually ;)

And of course, you have now severely piqued my curiosity about the content of this mysteriously vague phone call... Feel free to call and share if you're willing. If not, well, if I die, it will probably be because of unsatisfied curiosity... or IPS.

Love you!

Kirsti said...

Okay, you curious people, it's not a BIG deal. It was that night. And I guess it still is since I still feel pangs of frustration when I think about it. But that's a conversation for another day....