Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 17-Queue the Queso

Woah, I used two Q words in my title. That takes skill. I say "queso" because the day and the picture/subject of the day will be VERY cheesy. I'm going to try and censor myself and try not to create a chain of sickened vomiting, but I'm not gonna make any promises. I'm actually having a hard time writing this because I hate being outwardly and intentionally corny and this is forcing me to do everything I've taught myself NOT to do. So here goes...

something that has made a huge impact on your life recently
STORY TIME! So...I kinda wanted to use a more recent picture of him/us, but I was lacking in that department. When we spend time together, I hardly have the mind to pull out a camera and take a snapshot of me and him. So I haven't thought about it until today. See, today is *trying not to be too cheesy here* our one month bench mark. I don't want to use the "A" word here because...well, let's face it, it's not much of an A-word sort of thing. It's just one month. But I guess since Britney Spears and her first hubby didn't make it past 3 days without getting a divorce, a month is kind of a big deal. Anyways, moving on. So, we sorta planned on doing something biggish tonight for it. And since I decided I wanted to actually look decent that day, I thought about bringing my camera. And so, when I got the chance, I put it in my purse and we went out to dinner and see a movie.

All during the night, I thought about pulling out the camera. But I don't like being one of those people who always has a camera and takes pictures ALL the time. Especially during normal times when you're not out in a new location or something like that. So I didn't, and each minute was a picture untaken (by the way, blogger's spell-check is ridiculous). But our night was magnificent, despite the movie FLOP (I'm almost too embarrassed to admit which movie it is...I'll have you guess), and by the end of the evening, I still didn't have a decent picture. It wasn't until about half an hour ago when I decided to bring it up, after MUCH pulling of metaphorical teeth. And then I made a dramatic scene of actually taking the picture. And when I did, I wasn't sitting up right and I didn't look at the picture I took and I threw the camera aside and forgot I even mentioned it. After reviewing the picture, though, it wasn't up to par. So an oldie will have to do. But, hey, Ryan has a pair of arm horns. How awesome is that?!

But I guess my goal in life (or for the summer at the very least) is to get more pictures of him being goofy, ridiculous, sweet, and selfless, if that's even possible to catch on camera without it being a posed shot of him saving a duck from a car in the middle of the road or something.

But back to why he's the subject of the day. I thought it was fitting that this day landed on our one month bench mark. I could've used Ryan in many other slots (the "things I hate" day...oh wait, that's not right) but I decided that he fit well for the subject: something RECENT that has had a huge impact on my life. Besides me getting into the Film program, he's pretty much the next BIGGEST thing. It's crazy to think we've only been together a month! It feels longer than that! But, to be honest, when I think about it, I subconsciously count the times before we started dating as some of our first moments together...maybe that's why I think it's been longer than a month. If I follow that mindset, it's actually been 1.5-2 months! Still, it's been a whirlwind of a time and (queue the CHEESE) each day it gets harder to say goodnight but I'm put to ease knowing that I'll see him the next day. And the day after that, and then the day after that day. Heck, if I let him, he could see me every day for the next year and I wouldn't stop him. If he's not sick of me yet (and vice versa) I don't know what I could do to drive him away, except wax his legs, give him a permanent tattoo of my name on his forehead, and start drinking profusely. But none of those things sound remotely entertaining (except the leg waxing, but I can resist my urges).

And for my final cheesy GRAND finale, I'll address a short little paragraph to the culprit: Ryan, thanks for showing up in my life when I really needed someone like you. Thank you for your random texts while you work, for your quirky looks, and for listening to me even when I'm not worth listening to. Thanks, especially, for being weird and silly with me and being my partner in crime in all of our wild, hypothetical situations. You're great, I think your glasses are adorable, and you run like a robot and I think that's FANTASTIC. Don't let anyone (like Janica) tell you otherwise.

Okay. This post may be edited soon because I might be uncomfortable with having all of this corny stuff out in the open (or my siblings/mother might tell me it's too much and give me a concerned phone call about propriety and the works). But that's it for day 17.

*jibblies* I think I'm all cheesed out.

2 comments:

Sarah Lambson said...

Corny/cheesy is cute, believe it or not. We all should be "looking for corny in [our lives]."

Was the flop movie the new Madea movie?

Also, my word verification word is "pyessica".

Sara said...

I'm so happy for you and Ryan! : )

That's totally what it was like with me and Connor, and it still feels that way after almost TWO YEARS!! (yeah, yeah, thanks...)

You're a pretty lucky gal!