Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 16 (ON TIME!)

Guess what, folks? I'm on time! And not playing catch-up! That's because Ryan (our most favorite and easily most mentioned person on this blog now) is at his weekly Tuesday night interview. So I have a few hours to myself to blog, do my own girly things and dance ridiculously around my room. I'll also give you an update on what is going on in my life, since it's changed drastically the last couple of hours: Instead of going to summer school, I am now dropped out of all my classes (all 2 of them) and am going to attempt to work full-time.

Why, you ask? Well, I went to class this morning. And the first thing out of the professor's mouth besides "good morning" and an introduction was this: "Rule #1 in this class: Don't take this class during the Spring."

Yep. He was telling us that we would enjoy ourselves more if we allowed ourselves to wait and take the classes in the Fall. So that's what I did. If I didn't, I would be making 5 short films plus about 10 other smaller assignments in 6 weeks. YIKES! Plus, with this I have the rest of my Parent Plus Loan to supplement me while I look for a job, and now I don't have to buy the cheapest external hard drive I can find. I can work all day and make lots of money for next semester. So I don't think I made a bad decision.

I turned in applications to 5 different places today and two of the places have promise: Charlotte Russe and Rue 21. Yay clothing stores! I'll keep trying until I have a job, so that's what I'll be doing the rest of the week. I'm hoping for a job by the weekend or maybe early next week. Pray for me!

a picture of someone who inspires you
I was going to do another filmmaker, but I decided it's time to highlight my gorgeous sister, Emily. This is a picture of her and her newborn, Lucy, taken about two weeks ago (actually, it might be EXACTLY two weeks ago, to the minute). She has an amazing little family, doing what she loves, making things that make her happy, and living life to the fullest. I think she's beautiful, I always have, and I'm so proud of her. I wish I had an ounce of her creativity and could make the things she does: she made my laptop bag (I'll have to add pictures tomorrow of it) and she makes so many amazing things. She is one of my role-models, but I'll stop being so cheesy. Love you, Em!

1 comment:

Emily S. said...

seriously--- might be down to the MINUTE of the 2 week anniversary of this pic! Weird!

And truly, thank you for the mention. As I sit here at 2:50 am with a fussy baby on my lap, I don't FEEL like superwoman, but..... It's nice to be reminded that I'm not doing so bad.... :) Love you!