Monday, March 21, 2011

I Want THAT

I don't know what inspired my sudden need for a new swimsuit, maybe it was my gandering on the Anthropologie website or just the change in the weather and seasons, but I recently discovered this little piece of amazingness on that sinful, horrible, but oh so wonderful site:

How CUTE is that? I fell in love immediately. The cut, the design, the pattern...then I looked at the price: $148. YEEOWCH. I'd rather spend that kind of money on a brand new iPod.

I told my roommate, Janica, my predicament: I needed this swimsuit, but I needed it to be cheaper. Ladies, have you ever wanted a piece of clothing so bad that your heart beat fast and you were willing to pay whatever amount needed to have this piece of clothing? I guess I shouldn't exclude men in this...

That's how I feel right now. But...I don't even have the money for that right now. And if I could find a knock-off for cheaper, I'd rather do that. Janica was very helpful and said that while she was looking for her perfect swimsuit (white with cherry print), she found some cute vintage ones similar to this Anthropologie masterpiece. And the best one that I could find that I was satisfied with is from Mod Cloth:

The dots are bigger, but it's the same cut, same halter...same amazing retro feel that I just NEED to have it. And it's only $90! (Ha, only...)

I've never spent that much on a swimsuit. I'm one of those that usually treats swimsuits as a practical thing and go for the cute, cheap options, never really spending more than $40 on it. But, this summer, it's going to be hard not to want to get this swimsuit. I'll work however many hours needed to scrounge up the spending money to GET this. I'll do WHATEVER I need to do to have this swimsuit and look retro. Oh. Man. I'm getting heart palpitations (and tingly fingers, if you must know).

1 comment:

loveli said...

I've been coveting the anthro one!