Sunday, August 22, 2010

Operation Relocation

After my 4-month stint in the homeland, I am finally back in good ol' Utah. There will be many things I will miss, though, so here is a list of things I'll miss and things I won't miss about Missouri in the coming months.

I'll miss...
-Friends
-Family (I guess...)
-Sparky's ice cream
-Downtown Columbia
-Storms
-All the pets (i.e. Coco, Sadie, Howard, Eunice...)
-Local restaurants
-Green everywhere
-Cookies made by my dad
-Our grand piano
-The nature trail/tennis courts
-St.Louis trips
-The Ragtag theatre
-The public library
-The well-equipped kitchen
-All the nursery kids I would play with every Sunday
-Wentworth Miller guy at the Student Rec Center
-Everyone at Bob Evans, even the people I didn't talk to.

I WON'T miss...
-Humidity
-How warm the water was at Oakland Pool
-Waking up for work so gosh darn early
-Creepy Co-worker
-Driving my car up Blue Ridge hill
-Being paranoid of deer crossing the road
-Serving horrible tippers
-Hearing mom's students making "music"
-The finches waking me up to their loud ruckus
-Sadie peeing by my door at least once a week (I never told you, mom...)
-Allergies
-Sleeping in the cleaning closet at work (true story. Took an hour nap in there on accident once)
-More humidity
-Seeing people I don't want to see at various businesses and making awkward small talk

There are probably lost more to each list, I'm just tired and not looking forward to moving into my apartment this week. It's not that I don't want to, it's just the process of moving boxes and unloading them and getting settled...could I just skip all that and just exist in the place already?!

Yeah. This post is boring. But I don't care. I don't care about any of you. That's a lie. I do. I care. I'm just tired. And I puked this morning. Disgusting, huh? Too much information about my life? DEAL WITH IT.

I'll stop now.

4 comments:

Peeser said...

So, HOW is it that you miss Howard and Eunice again???? At least Sadie, despite her peeing, is cute and endearing. How on earth are you going to miss those beeping birds?!?

Well, whatevs. It's your life. Sorry you puked. I hope you feel better soon!

Sarah Lambson said...

I too am going to comment on Howard and Eunice and say how happy I am that you are going to miss them (even though having them wake you up with their beeping is something you will not miss).

It means I am not the only one that sees just how silly and cute they are.

Elise, you are a bird hater.

Shame on you.

What's not to love?

Also, Kirsti, I have a letter to send you. So respond to this comment or my Facebook message and give me your address!

That is all.

Emily S. said...

Not boring! That was a fun little read!

Jeanne, the mom and grandmom said...

Sadie peed on the carpet?!?!?!?!