Saturday, July 3, 2010

I think I need to learn my days of the week

What is with me and keeping a weekly commitment?! Yesterday was Friday and I wish I could say that I was doing something extraordinary like last Friday to prevent a "Bangs" post. But I didn't. I got up for work. Went to work. Hated my life for going to work, but loved the check I received. Came home. Ate. Slept. Woke up. And then there's this big blank area where I really don't remember what I did. I did spend a lot of my time moping and being angry about the Wimbledon Men's Singles Semifinals (ARGSHESSHHPFFTT!@^*$11!!1) but I don't remember what I did from about 2pm to maybe 5pm. No idea at all. Hm. Well, then I decided to run errands. I only did 1.5 of the three things I had planned: I deposited my checks and turned in my overdue books at the library. But I didn't go into said library to check out a few other books and I didn't go to Gerbes to see if they had Breyer's ice cream and if it is, indeed, ALL natural, meaning NO HFCS. so I came home, saw that Steven took my parking spot in front of the house, ate dinner, complained some more about tennis, went to my room, watched some movie trailers and planned a night out with Kelsey.

So, you see? Before 9pm, I could've easily posted my "bangs" blog. But I didn't. Instead, I saw one of the greatest movies of the year, "Winter's Bone".
For whatever reason, there isn't a movie poster for this film. I guess it's a little too independent for a movie poster. Anyways, what the image says is true, though. It won at Sundance and it DESERVED it. It's about as bleak as "Precious: Based on the novel 'Push' by Sapphire" but without Mo'Nique and definitely less ghetto-talk. Okay, in all seriousness, it was phenomenal. So many great actors and such a bittersweet film, I'd put it down as one of my top 20 films this decade. It's too early to say, though, since I still have 9.5 years to go before piecing together such a list. It's only showing at limited theatres, so you Missourians out there, come to Columbia, go to Ragtag, get yourself a cushy sofa or chair and watch this film! It takes place in Missouri as well, so in case you weren't Missouri'd out, you get to watch a film about Missouri in Missouri while feeling Missouri humidity and maybe suffering a few Missouri-mosquito bugbites. FUN! Have I mentioned Missouri enough? Hm, I thought not...

But back to the original reason for this post (like any of you read this anyways)<----yes, that was a passive-aggressive remark about the lack of comment love. Not that I need comments for self-validation as to why I keep this durned thing, but...wait, actually I do.

Okay, lets try again. Bangs. Well, nothing too crazy to report. They were relatively calm this week. Last week must've been their PMSing week. Is there such a thing as hair-midol? Maybe I'll patent it. If not for anyone else, at least myself. My bangs this week, though, were pretty well-behaved. That might be because I have started to put them up when I think they're being stupid. So a combination of no-PMS and the realization that they'll be punished for bad behavior has tamed them. Yay!
Hm. I tried looking happy...but I kinda look crazed. Or tired. Or both, since I did take this at about midnight two nights ago, when my "cold" was at its worst. But, yeah, that's my bangs on good behavior.

P.S. Just saw this. And I laughed a lot. Not that it's any kind of slant on the finale of "LOST"...but if you're a LOST fan, you'll appreciate the incredulity of it all: http://www.howitshouldhaveended.com/

2 comments:

Jeanne, the mom and grandmom said...

loved the LOST video...

Peeser said...

Okay, okay, okay- I'll leave a comment! (Yeah, I'm sorry for the lack of comment love on my part :( )

Your bangs DO look cute in that photo... I'm glad they're behaving for you... for now...

(Yeah, I overuse ellipses... so sue me... )

Sadly, I'm not in CoMo to be able to watch said movie at the Ragtag. (Did you ever get to see Babies? I guess I'll have to wait for a rental on that one). There is a nearby indy cinema here, though, that might show it- I will have to look into it there.

Um. I think that's all I really have to say.