Sunday, June 20, 2010

Somehow, it always comes back to "Buffy"...

I had a completely different post typed up and ready to be posted a few hours ago. Don't worry, it's saved and will be posted another day.

Back when I was staying at my Grandma's house with my dad for that week before coming home to Missouri, I was thinking about the Seven Deadly Sins: Greed, Envy, Lust, Sloth, Vanity, Wrath, and Gluttony. What brought on this thought was my sudden burst of rage when I realized that the internet connection at my Grandma's house was less than acceptable and I really wanted to watch Buffy on Instant Netflix and the streaming was really slow. I've always known that anger is an emotion I frequently feel. I guess I shouldn't say true anger or wrath. Its more of a petty annoyance at certain things in life: traffic, stupid people, the ratio of peanut butter to jelly on a PB&J, romaine lettuce, humidity, Michael Bay, small talk, and most recently sticky hand prints on glass. But that petty annoyance rises in me multiple times a day.

I went downstairs after realizing I wouldn't get a good Buffy Binge in before dinner and discussed the Seven Deadly Sins with my dad (I feel like I have to capitalize the Seven Deadly Sins like I have to refer to Voldemort as the Dark Lord or You Know Who, even though he's been destroyed for 13 years). I told him that my Sin was most definitely Wrath and I told him about my random outbursts of anger about something of little to no importance. Random interjection: spell check does not recognize Voldemort as a word. Guess computer programmers aren't wizards...

I have paid special attention recently to my irrational anger. Recently, though, most of this anger I'm feeling is very rational. I won't get into details since that anger does have a reason and has not been resolved. But the rational anger is dipping into the irrational anger and all of a sudden, now, I'm even more irrationally angry about really stupid stuff like "why does that guy have a dead animal on his face? Oh, wait, its just a nasty beard!" or "Are you serious?! Why isn't this bottle of windex full? Am I the only one who knows how to do actual work around here?" or sometimes "Gosh! Angel never closes his mouth! What a disgusting mouth-breather!" (I'm referring to Angel from his self-titled TV show "Angel"). I actually had that thought about 10 minutes ago. That's why I bring it up.

Sometimes this anger that's starting to blend within itself has me screaming randomly in my car. I do it in my car because if I did it at home or work, someone would come running to me asking what my issue was. And I'd probably grab the nearest object (in my room's case, it's a lamp. Or a pillow. I'd probably use the lamp since it's heavier) and toss it in their direction. Toss isn't the right word: it's too nice. And "throw" is so generic. And I'm too lazy to do a thesaurus search. Dang sloth. That's definitely my second Deadly Sin.  Argh, why do I have such a strange, sporadic brain?! Why can't it stay on one track?!!!!!11!!@@@

See what I mean? Goodness gracious, I need to resolve these anger issues. Either have my own talk show in which I just come onto the air and say things like "Seriously, people, too much peanut butter on a PB&J is the dumbest thing ever! Don't do it!" or I should brainwash everyone to listen to what I say and trust that it's the right thing and all of these issues wouldn't be in the way. I also like the idea of banning small children with sticky hands from the Student Rec Center. Maybe just ban people altogether so that I don't have to keep cleaning the same things over and over and over again. Yeesh!

Thank goodness I'm not a Vengeance Demon from Buffy (have I mentioned this show enough in this post?). I'd be too good at destroying mankind one vengeance act at a time.

No comments: