Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Invasion of the Future Tenants

Okay, so I know I've been complaining about loneliness in this old apartment for the past week, but I wasn't prepared for this much company in response.
Be careful what you wish for, I guess.

Ever since yesterday, I have had people coming in and out of my apartment. First, they were shy and apprehensive about intruding on my lifestyle. But the more I was kind to them, the more they decided to take advantage of my kindness and my willingness for them to bring their stuff in and get an idea for the place. As I type this, there are probably 7 people in my living room, making noises, walking around and laughing obnoxiously. I have just finished Moulin Rouge! about fifteen minutes ago and was thinking about going to bed. But no. They've decided to come in after a crazy game of ultimate frisbee, stinking up the place and checking it out, including coming down those stairs to my living area and poking their heads around, looking at my stuff, moving my things(!) and not even caring I'm here.

Now, I was okay when it was just the girls living here. But since they've already seen it, they've decided to invite everyone they know to check it out. They're bringing GUESTS into a place that isn't theirs yet! Hello?! I'm living here, okay? So what if you're going to live here soon, I could care less. I am living here. NOW. At this moment. And you all are invading my privacy.

Sorry, this is more of a rant than anything. You all can ignore it, but it's the only thing that's keeping me from wanting to go up there and go all Quentin Tarantino on them and take my tennis racket, ram it up their noses, bust open their heads and watch with grim satisfaction as their brains spill across the floor. Of course, I'd be responsible for cleaning the apartment of their brains but it's a small price to pay to regain the peace and quiet lifestyle I had before they decided to bring everyone in Provo into this tiny, thin-walled apartment. And I'd probably be kicked out of BYU for disobeying the "Thou Shalt Not Kill" commandment. Again, small price to pay. I think my case would be understood in court. I would get the sympathy of the jury.

Tomorrow, this post might even be deleted. I'll be sure to post with something more worth your time.

Thank goodness for my late sleeping habits. If I had an early day at work, I would be less merciful and would run up those stairs with my violin case in my hands, ready to knock some obnoxious people down. *deep breaths* I'll try and calm down. Really. I will. But if you see my face headlining all the major newspapers, just know it was for a good cause.

2 comments:

Beckie said...

Some people randomly don't have the necessary social boundaries that guide our culture. Hate them for that. You should get a misbehaved dog to pee on their stuff. Sadie!!!

Kirsti said...

Haha, I would. In retaliation, me and my roomie went through all their stuff and played with one of their macbooks. And we wanted to watch on of their DVDs as well, but decided against it.
Aww, I miss Sadie. She should be shipped up here just for the purpose of peeing on people's stuff.