Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Apartment until the 15th

So I took some pictures of my rooming area (I'll save the upstairs for another time to create anticipation). It's not much, but I felt you guys would want to know what I'm living in:
This is the corner of my area, right by the staircase that leads down to my room. As you can see, boxes and random stuff clutter that area. And my tennis rackets, of course.This is the closet, or as I like to call it, the junk room (I've never actually called it that, I just wanted to jazz it up...yeah, I know, fail). My clothes, other boxes, dirty clothes and other things litter this area. Can you spot the guitar in all the mess? (and for what it's worth, my violin is on the top rack, which isn't pictured).
My bed, which I didn't bother making this morning. I did yesterday, honest! I just didn't feel like it today. But yeah, it's a comfy bed, snuggled in the corner, there. Notice the dresser that I don't use.So, this is the pile of stuff by my bed. Harry Potter, PPZ as me and Sarah like to call it (Pride and Prejudice and Zombies), David Sedaris, Major Dick Winter's autobiography on WWII called Beyond Band of Brothers, and my journal underneath that. Laptop bag and scriptures in the mix, sorta hiding next to Harry.My desk area. Laptop, Arrested Development Season 2, Psych season 2, Lotion (a MUST), paper, pen for note taking when calling financial aid (grrrrr). Yep. This is where I've spent most of my time, sadly. I've watched two movies, Wimbledon my first night and The Island the second night and those two amazing TV shows in between.

I'll give more later, such as bathroom, upstairs, kitchen, and the creepy crawl space down here (I have no idea why this cupboard is here!). Anyways, here's the humble abode.

4 comments:

Beckie said...

Get to work, you. Just kidding. Nice digs for a temporary stay. But I bet you can't wait until you have officially moved into your final place.

Miss you already!!!

Kirsti said...

You said it! I really can't wait until I'm somewhere permanent. The neighbors are constantly breaking things! (I heard three things shatter in the last hour)

I miss you too! I'll see you in five months!

Emily S. said...

FUN! Love the detail shots... lets me live in the moment with you!

Do this anytime. I LOVE it.

Peeser said...

Brave of you to show off the not-so-organized apartment. I don't typically share my disorganization (at least, not through photos). Looks like a cozy hook-up for a few weeks, but I think you'd go crazy if you had to deal with it long term. Good luck in the job search- hope you find something great! And good luck with the move! Can't wait to see you at Christmas!