Saturday, June 6, 2009

Small Tidbits

1. I've decided this week that I was going to record my dreams dilligently. I've always loved the idea of having a dream journal and I think I've started about five of them throughout the years but it's never stuck with me as a habit. I've so far been consistent the past few days, waking up, recording my dream and continuing on with my day, trying hard to remember other details. I heard from a wise missionary that if you record your dreams long enough you can control them since you'll be able to recognize patterns in the dreams that make you realize it's just a dream, not reality. And I think that is totally AWESOME!

2. On Wednesday, I took a spontaneous road trip to St.Louis with my friends Sarah, Charlie and Batu to see Batu off to Turkey for the summer (that's where he's from, BTW. He goes there every summer to see his dad and turkish friends). The trip there and back was spent listening to Lady GaGa full blast and trying to find our way to the Galleria. After texting my ever helpful St.Louisian sister, Em, she gave us clearcut instructions to get there and we spent the next four hours shopping at various places. Our main destinations were, of course, Urban Outfitters and H&M. But we stopped in places like Gap, American Eagle, Aeropostale, Banana Republic(just to dream and wish), Coach (for the same reason), and Apple since Batu loves looking at macbooks (he has one himself). I was pretty good at restraining myself from buying something until we got to H&M, which I just died and had to buy some cute plaid bermuda shorts and a lovely plain green top to wear underneath this spaghetti strap sun dress I've had since Steven's wedding. Here are some pictures of Charlie and me wearing this hat we thought was silly at Gap:



(for the record, that purple dress with the striped green shirt combo was something I had to try really hard not to buy. Isn't it darling?)

3. French Open finals are this weekend. We've already seen the Women's final: Dinara Safina vs. Svetlana Kuznetsova. Kuzy (as I like to call her) won, to my dismay. I was really hoping Dinara would win her first grand slam and really deserve that No.1 spot in the WTA rankings. Tomorrow is the men's final with Roger Federer (Fed express is back on track!) vs. Robin Soderling, the true winner of this tournament since he's battled through players like Rafa Nadal, the reigning champ at Roland Garros. Personally it's a win/win situation for me since I love Federer and Soderling beat the SNOT out of that nasty spaniard, Nadal. But really I want Federer to win and make it a Career Grand Slam, all four major tourney championship titles. And how can you not love this face?

3 comments:

Julina said...

Heard on the news this AM that Federer pulled it off - yay for him, and yay for you :-)

Hope it kicks of a great week for you...

Emily S. said...

Love Galleria days... Glad you found it okay!! :)

Peeser said...

Yeah, I know it's weeks later...I really have been behind on checking blogs since most of the blogs I check are by people I have seen the past few weeks...

I love that you are trying to keep up a dream journal. My only suggestion would be don't stress too much about it. Quite frankly, I only feel compelled to write down dreams I remember, and even then, there are some that fall by the wayside because I don't have time to write them down. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you can't remember all the details, fine. If you can't remember any dreams from the night before, fine. Don't make it such a hard task that you subconsciously (or consciously) resist doing it. Just enjoy the journey as you can!

It was great to see you this past month or so- I'm sorry I didn't get to give you a better good-bye. I hope things are all going well for you!

Love ya!