Monday, March 16, 2009

SPRING BREAK...almost.

I've broken a new record. 3 posts in two WEEKS?! Holy crap, Kirsten, is there anything you can't do? Actually there is plenty, but that will be saved for another blog entry. In the meantime, it's the week before spring break and I can't help but anticipate the activities me and Sarah have planned out extensively. For our spring break, we are traveling down to good ol' Tennessee and exploring the sites around the state, ending and adventuring for a few days in the Great Smoky Mountains.
Looks peaceful, don't it? There's something wild and uncharted about camping in an area that I'm not familiar with. I can't help but think about Bear Grylls and his adventures in Man vs. Wild. Mmmm, I love Bear. Anyways, we're planning on trekking the first day down through the boot of Missouri and into Memphis where we'll see the sites around the city and spend the night. On Tuesday, we'll travel during the day to Nashville and again go site seeing and spend the night in Nashville. On Wednesday, we were planning on going right to The Great Smoky Mountains, but yesterday I discovered that a favorite band of mine, Rocco DeLuca and the Burden, is performing that night in Nashville and I thought it would be AWESOME if we got to see them since they weren't planning on touring anywhere near Columbia. We've yet to decide on that(we should probably do that soon...), but if we don't we'll go to the GSM and set up camp. The next few days will be spent enjoying the great outdoors and exploring the trails and even going horseback-riding which only costs $25 an hour for a guided ride. Not bad, if I say so myself. We'll probably leave Saturday morning so that we can be back in Columbia by Saturday evening, just in time to relax a day more and enjoy lazy Sundays.

Oh, did I mention that we planned it so that the hotels were pet friendly? Yes, we are bringing Maximus Charles along for the ride. I felt that since he would be home alone with Dad all week, I figured that it would be best if he traveled along with us. We hope it works well, but that also means we must cater to the needs of a hyperactive toy poodle.

So that's whats got my all hyped up this week. I've never done anything like this before. So let's hope this week goes by REALLY fast so that I can be on my merry way down to Tennessee, soaking up the atmosphere and surroundings.

2 comments:

Sarah Lambson said...

I am REALLY EXCITED! I tried to look up tickets for the Show in Nashville, but I couldn't find them on any ticket selling web sites! WTC?!?

Wait, I think you can get them off of the website for the place they are playing at. Looks to be between $15 and $20. What do you think? I am texting you right now to ask you.

Jeanne, the mom and grandmom said...

write something on this blog - please