Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I FAIL!

Wow.
Three Months.
SERIOUSLY?!
What happened to the time?????

This is the time where I wake up from the dream and its still mid-late September and I'm not about to take semester finals. Except I'm not waking up......

Alright. So I pretty much SUCK(stink. Sorry Mom) at keeping a blog. I can't seem to find time for it. Let alone 3 BLOGS. Geez, what was I thinking. You can blame Write to Publish and good ol' Mr. Stover for my lack of time nowadays. All I've been doing is writing, revising, writing some more, and reading articles about the type of writing I'm writing. Its not that I hate the class. On the contrary, its my favorite class simply because I'm learning so much about the world of writing! And I'm forced to submit my work to the real world and see how it holds up against everyone else. Its amazing and Stover is a literary genius that I aspire to be one day. The genius part, not the scrawny old man that clears his throat too many times and has a cabin/house near Lake Huron in Canada.
Although that cabin sounds really nice....

Anyways, so let me nutshell my life in the past three months in a very badly written poem:

Senior days
Oklahoma nights
Halloween
was emotional
Girl at work
annoys me like
a mosquito in
the ear of a
jackal.

Coldplay
came and went
bought a camera
on a whim.
Thanksgiving
was lovely
trees tip over
leaking water
on the floor.

Twilight
was awful.
But who expected
something good
from something
so horrendous?
Social life
is down the drain
maybe it'll be saved
come christmas break.

Math sucks.
Stinks.
Excuse me mother.
Genetics
is a joke.
I really hate reading
and writing
poetry.
Except Billy
Collins.

Well...I think that just about sums it up. Except for the fact that I volunteered to be the assistant director of the all school play, The Good Doctor. So I'll be doing that all next month until it opens January 22nd. I think it'll be fun. And MUCH MUCH MUCH better than last year's Much Ado About Nothing. *shudder shudder shudder*

I'll conclude by telling you my newest obsession: Wizard Wrock. I'd been a mild fan the past few years, only knowing a few songs and vaguely remembering the tune. But ever since I decided to buy the newest christmas compliation made by my favorite Harry Potter website, The Leaky Cauldron, called Jingle Spells 2, I've been in Harry Potter heaven. Its AMAZING! Not only did it have songs by my old favorites Harry and the Potters, The Remus Lupins and Gred and Forge, but I discovered some new bands that are wonderful: Ministry of Magic(love them!), The Moaning Myrtles, Draco and the Malfoys, RiddleTM, Catchlove, Justin-Finch Fletchley and the Sugar Quills, and much more. Its a great CD full of songs titled "Nargles in the Mistletoe", "Draco's Christmas Wish" and "A Very Voldemort Christmas". I got the CD last week and already I have some of the songs memorized. If you want to hear some, just let me know. Though be warned: you'd be stuck listening to Wizard Wrock for hours on end. If you don't want to talk to me, go to http://wizrocklopedia.com/. Its a great site for your inner wrocker.

Aside from Jingle Spells 2, I've also been obsessing over Prospekt's March, Coldplay's EP they released late November. It has some great stuff like Glass of Water(which switches from 4/4 meter to 7/4 meter. AWESOME!), Now My Feet Won't Touch the Ground, Rainy Day, etc. Coldplay just never fails to amaze me.

I really don't have anything else to talk about. But I will give a shamless shout-out to the amazingness that is the TV show Psych. Those boys are HOT! And its hilarious.

And thats all!

5 comments:

Peeser said...

Yes, yes you do fail. Were we supposed to wake you up when September ends? (Okay, I couldn't resist the horrible joke)

Anyway, I understand the insanity of life- Up until last week, I wasn't too far behind you with two months since my last post... I still feel behind, but not as badly.

I loved your little poem- it was amusing and entertaining- Wizard Wrock sounds fun (I'd love to hear the CD when I come home this weekend!!!)- and I am so jealous of your Write to Publish class. I wish I had actually known about that class when I was there because I've always wanted to be a writer, and it sounds like you are learning things that can only be learned through experience- I wish I had had the opportunity for such experiences. Alas- I guess I'll have to go about it the hard way...

In the meantime, let's just hope that the title of this post has absolutely no bearing on your grades this semester :)

Jeanne, the mom and grandmom said...

Yea Kirsti - even though it has been three months since your last blog post, you were the ONLY ONE who has updated their blog since last week - so.....you win.........a big hug from your mom. (yea, I know - frttt)

Sarah Lambson said...

Yay for posting! Um, thats all I had to say. Except that I really liked your poem. I look back at the poetry I wrote in high school and cringe for the most part. Good luck on your Genetics final!

Beckie said...

She's ALIVE!!!! I was worried, you know. Not worried enough to form a search party, but just enough to give out massive guilt trips.

Awesome on the asst. director's position. I always liked the behind the scenes players more. I mean, who would you rather hang out with? Cameron Diaz or Peter Jackson?

Lastly, don't let Kyle hear of your hatred of poetry. He'll disown you.

Julina said...

Then again, at least you have a blog ;-)