Thursday, June 26, 2008

What is up with the Tennis world?!

So, Wimbledon has started. And I had my heart set on Novak Djokovic to take the Grand Slam by storm. And guess what? He's out. Yeah. OUT! He got through the first round, but once he had to face Marat Safin in the second round, he choked. Straight sets. It was BAD! Ugh, I'm still cringing about it. He lost 4-6 6-7 2-6. How could he? He was doing so well! So now I have to support Federer since he's my only hope of stopping Nadal from winning Wimbledon. I guess I could blindly support and be optimistic about Lleyton Hewitt and Andy Roddick. Whats also upsetting is that Davydenko is out too. #3 and #4 seeds are out. So sad.

And the women's seeding is really messed up. Not that I'm complaining that Ivanovic is number one. I have been a fan of hers since she debuted on the main scene about a year ago. The Serbians have been taking over the tennis world(except for Nole currently. Man, second round? Really?). But making Jelena Jankovic #2 seed? She hasn't won a single grand slam. I would've done Maria as #2 and then Jelena as #3. But what do I know? I'm just an avid fan.

Anyways, Federer is still in, Roddick is too(he's playing at the moment), Nadal is still in, as is Hewitt, and James Blake is battling it out right now. Women's side the Williams sisters are in, so is Ivanovic, but Maria is playing at the moment and is down a set and its looking bleak. Man, Wimbledon isn't going to be that good this year.

2 comments:

Beckie said...

This is what you get for abandoning Federer. He's sad, and the world is sad.

Wishy-washy fandom never got anyone anywhere. I'm still rooting for Pete Sampras, and he's retired!! That's how devoted I am.

Julina said...

Obviously, I don't follow tennis with the devotion you do (even if Beckie *does* call you wishy-washy), but I know you were looking forward to Wimbledon, and I'm sorry it's been such a bummer for you :-(

Otherwise, are you enjoying your days? Or are you (still/again) too busy? Have you already had youth conference (our stake's is not this Sat, but next)?

Hope you have a good week, Wimbledon fun or not...