So, tonight I watched The Jane Austen Book Club and though it wasn't the best movie in the world, something stood out to me: my lack of knowledge in the Jane Austen department. Cinema-wise, I've seen many renditions of her novels such as Emma, Sense and Sensibility, several Pride and Prejudices and whatnot, but as far as literature, I've only gotten through half of Pride and Prejudice and put it down when her wordiness got the best of me. Does this make me a bad fan? Uncultured? Or just impatient? Are her six novels worth reading?
From this movie, I got the gist of all six, already being familiar with three. But after watching them on screen, should I take the time to actually read them? I need advice from those who have taken time out of their lives to read her books and tell me the worth of all of them.
I also noticed, from this movie, the hardships of relationships. All her books are all about relationships, and it seems, in the majority of them, their difficulties. How is someone who was never married herself so knowledgeable in relationships? Its just mind-boggling to me. And its a wonder she wasn't more cynical about them. I know the story in Becoming Jane isn't exactly true, but if something like that happened to me, I'd be a very bitter author indeed. But maybe she channeled her emotions into something more optimistic. It just goes to show Jane was much more mature than I was...
Anyways, the movie wasn't AMAZING but if you're looking for something entertaining its worth a watch.
P.S. Here is my desired schedule:
1. Orchestra(of course)
2. Musical Productions 3(what did you expect?)
3. Human Genetics(I needed one more science, and I hate Chemistry and Physics)
4. Tech Theatre 1(get my practical art done finally)
5. AP Statistics(She wouldn't let me do College Algebra. Its 2 steps down from my math class now)
6. Write To Publish(This was a tough decision between this and AP Lit. This was an inspiration at the last minute)
7. AP Music Theory(Just in case I want to have a music major)
Alt: Film Study
Anyways, just thought you'd like to know(to those who read my blog, anyways...:-P)