Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Looking into the Soul

The month of December, or the Holiday season in general, really gets me thinking about my life and the things that I enjoy and the things that I wish were true. Its a month that I can really begin to discover myself and how I've grown throughout the year. So, I'm going to ask myself questions and attempt to answer them.

Did you learn any life lessons?
Yes. I've learned to believe in myself and trust in the lord, that he knows more about what I'm doing than I do and trusts my judgments. It won't be easy, but I've learned that my Heavenly father will be with me each and every step of the way.

What was your favorite moment?
Thats hard to say. Its a tie between getting a 5 on my AP exam, becoming a varsity player on the tennis team, finally reading the last Harry Potter book, and attending Youth Conference with some of my closest friends. Oh, and watching my brother get married and my sister finally hold her long-anticipated son in her arms.

Anything special happen on 7/7/07?
Nope. :] Just a normal day.

Ever get extremely sick?
I did get heat exhaustion the first day of Youth Conference. Not fun. :P

Hardest time to endure?
Track season. It was a mental and physical challenge that really pushed me to the limits but ultimately polished me into a true believer of determination and non-procrastination.

Biggest crush?
Bear Grylls. That man is a beast!

Favorite TV station?
Discover Channel. I feel like such a nerd...

Best movie?
Imma have to go with Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. *squee*

Biggest short term addiction?
Reading the Twilight Series in 3 weeks. That series is the nicotine of literature.

Scariest not-scary moment?
When I scraped up against that car minutes before Steven got married, and I thought that I had made a big dent. All it was was a few scratch marks that rubbed right off. But I cried like a baby.

Most tearful moment?
Either when Roger Federer won Wimbledon this year after 5 sets against Nadal(TAKE THAT) or when I finished HP and the DH and cried for 2 hours straight about how amazing it was.

Best discovered band?
either Rocco DeLuca and the Burden or Keane. Both are simply splendid.

Craziest dog?
Iris. Yikes.

Best part of the year?
Knowing its another year lived, another year survived, and another year experienced and that I have a boat-load of memories of 2007 and that it all starts over again with less mistakes and more challenges. Thank you guys for a great year. :]

(feel free to do the survey yourself. I just kinda made it up as I went along, so many questions are very related. Sorry. But I don't have a mind that can easily jump from topic to topic.)



No comments: