Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Long Time Gone

I'm about a week away from having been in school for a month! Sure has been a fast month. I've been keeping busy with Tennis, Homework, Practicing violin and piano, and other such things. So, thats basically my life in a nutshell. Want details? Call me. For serious.


Well, first on the agenda is Twilight. I've only just recently gotten hooked on the newest teen addiction. I was studying inside my sister's room Labor Day Weekend when I noticed the book on her shelf. Intrigued by the thousands of suggestions that I should read it, I went over there and picked it up. I then proceeded to read, and didn't stop until 1:00 AM, at which point I was already on page 153. The rest of the weekend consisted of me hungrily perusing the pages and wanting more of Edward, The Cullens, and Vampires (I could care less for Bella...). Anyways, I finished it the next weekend, taking it out during breaks at School and the five minutes that is left at the end of the hour to pack up. I LOVED it! Simply loved it! It was really brilliant and had such a riveting plot. Plus, the author is a fan of Muse, Coldplay, The Fray and other bands that I like, which inspired her writing. So how could you go wrong?


I'll tell you how.


After reading Twilight, I immediately(quite literally) picked up my sister's copy of New Moon, and began reading. At first it wasn't so bad. Then
[ SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER ] Edward left. And Bella, a character I wasn't so fond of in the first place, began to get really really REEEALLLY annoying. To the point that I just wanted to go up in her fictitious face and shout: "GET OVER IT!" Actually, I didn't want to start doing that until Jacob came into the picture. Poor loyal and loving Jacob. Why couldn't he just find someone worth while? It was wrong of her to lead him on. Jacob definitely doesn't deserve this girl, but I hate seeing him suffer, so she'll have to suffice. But too bad that her "heart" belongs to Mr.I-Think-Leaving-You-Will-Make-You-
Better-Off-Even-Though-We-Love-Eachother-So-Much.
*sigh*

Anyways, I'm not quite done with New Moon, but so far(and I've been told my opinion WILL change by Eclipse) I'm partial to Jacob and he's my favorite character. I love the tall dark and handsomeness of him and his warmth and loyalty. Totally the guy I want. Edward may be Mr. "Model" pretty boy, but I need a guy like Jacob: not a model and a do-it-yourself kind of guy.

I'll be finished with New Moon soon enough, and then I'll start Eclipse. And then wait anxiously for the 4th book. If there is any way I can relate to Bella, its the whole in my chest. Harry Potter, up until recently, was the best thing in my life. But then it ended and the whole in my chest started to grow. Twilight, much like poor ol' Jacob, is a small pick-me-up that makes the whole less painful, but doesn't quite do the job. But at least I'm not leading it on!

1 comment:

Sarah Lambson said...

I totally agree with you on the "Bella is annoying" front, but I don't think I am as animate about it. I think she needs to get over it, but do you realize how hard it is to get over someone even if they never returned your love? Now make that person an impossibly beautiful vampire and he loves you back. That would be insanely hard.

I do think that she really needs to stop leading Jacob on. This is what bothers me the most. She either needs to say, "I love you Jacob and I'm ready to start a new life!" or stop being so friendly...or at least stop encouraging behavior that she knows will get his hope up. She is being so selfish! I know that I could tell you this in person, but I like commenting on Blogs. It's my new thing.