Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I killed iTunes


For the past few hours, now, I've been trying to recover something that I've lost and was very dear to me. I'll give you the full story before I lament...

I was trying to transfer my iTunes to the external Hard Drive we got, and I thought my plan was fool-proof: just move the file to the external hard drive. So, I sat there, feeling confident, knowing that now that it was in the external hard drive, I'd have more room to download PotterCast, MuggleCast, and the Leaky Mugs without restrictions of room. But, after the move was complete, and I opened up iTunes...it was EMPTY! Completely blank. No more music. No more podcasts. Nothing. A little perplexed, I closed out of it...and opened it again. Nothing. My mouth was beginning to get dry by this point and my heart was racing. All I was thinking was "Oh no. Not again." Yes, this indeed has happened to me before, but under different circumstances. This was the first and only time I tried moving a whole iTunes library to another hard drive. After about the 5th time...nothing still. Now I was panicking. What about my purchased songs? All my precious Podcasts that took forever to download and I couldn't possibly recover?! What about all that time it took to upload CDs of music?! I was in shock for a few minutes before I set to work to recover all that I had lost.
[PotterCast Trio: Melissa Anelli, John Noe, and Sue Upton]

Hours later, here I am, still at the computer, trying to upload podcasts and find out what music is beyond recovery so that I can download it again. Its been about 2-3 hours now...and I'm still a little depressed because now I don't have PotterCasts and MuggleCasts that I had before, some of my favorites being "Toots", "They're Called Thestrals", "Broadway Filks 1 and 2", "784", and many others, also including an awesome Evanna Lynch interview. *sigh* Well...there's always direct downloads. Or, somehow, there has to be a way of downloading them away from iTunes or something...That'll be my next project.
[MuggleCast hosts: Laura Thompson, Eric Scull, Kevin Steck, Micah Tannenbaum, Ben Schoen, Jamie Lawrence, and Andrew Sims]

This even alone has made me realized how dependent upon technology I really am. Its quite humbling...but I'm not going to do anything about it! I love technology! Anyways, these two podcasts had fed my hunger for everything Harry Potter for about 8 months now, and I love them both dearly. PotterCast because they've got great things to say and contribute little bits and pieces to everything, and MuggleCast because not only are all the guys attractive in different ways, they're all young adults and teens and have the same mentality as me, and the same maturity level. Personal favorites from both: Melissa, Jamie, Andrew, Eric, and John.

Well, I've got to finish up repairing my damage...then bum around the house instead of on the computer.

2 comments:

hermione1012 said...

Hey,
I was just searching around on blogger and I found this post.
If you still need PotterCasts, I have every one in existance. I took the time to download them all and if you have skype, I can send them to you:
hermione432432

hermione1012 said...

Hey,
I was just searching around on blogger and I found this post.
If you still need PotterCasts, I have every one in existance. I took the time to download them all and if you have skype, I can send them to you:
hermione432432