Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Harry Potter!!

Right. The title speaks for itself. I'm geeking out! I've already seen the Harry Potter movie twice, and loved it both times. Personally, I think its the best one, although No.3 was pretty darn good too. Dan Radcliffe has really blossomed into another great British actor and I see him doing great things in the future. He is Harry Potter, and I'm so glad that he hasn't butchered the role. Imelda Staunton did brilliantly. I loved hating her! That giggle...*shiver*. So many good things going on, and the only way I can express everything I want to is to direct you guys to an Orson Scott Card review: http://www.ldsmag.com/arts/070717harry.html

The book is so close, I can taste it. I'm excited, yet dreading it. I had a dream last night about reading the book. I dreamt that it was the most amazing book ever but that I read it so fast that I didn't have time to digest the whole story...so I had to read it about twenty times to fully understand everything and to comprehend that the series was in fact...hate to say this...over. Its been such an amazing 8-9 years. I've grown up reading about Harry Potter and living his story and feeling all that he was feeling. He's been a crutch and a comfort to lean on when I've been feeling down. If ever I feel like reading something good, I always go to Harry Potter. Its full of amazing things and morals. And now...its coming to a close. But I have no idea how loss feels compared to JK Rowling. God Bless her. She's created something so amazing and has become something of a hero to me.

I'll have more to say later. But I will say the HP soundtrack is AMAZING! Gives me chills, makes me cry. Nicholas Hooper is now in the league of all the greats, like Howard Shore. Ahhh! I want to see the movie again! So amazing! Everything! Almost too overwhelming how wonderful this magical world is.

2 comments:

The Haban Family said...

Amen sista!! I LOVED the movie, wanna see it again (and again and again!) and I cannot WAIT for the book!! My mom told me about your Harry Potter party! SO JEALOUS!!

emily said...

love it! Tonight is gonna be so fun!!