Monday, June 25, 2007

Summertime

[On the way home on Saturday from Macon, the sun was shining through the clouds on the most beautiful way. I tried capturing it on camera, and it turned out pretty good. In my opinion, it was the lord's way of showing us how beautiful this trip was to our testimonies]

My summer has been hectic already! Sorry for not posting for ages. I've been extremely busy, what with Tennis camps, working, reading, going to lessons, teaching lessons, watching Tennis, going to Youth Conference and planning a Murder Mystery party. But I've had a blast doing it all. Tennis is amazing, and I'm apart of a country club team that does tournaments all over. Work isn't a great big party, but it isn't horrible. I get to choose my hours and get paid $7 an hour. I'm thinking of upping my hours to 15 a week...right now I'm doing 12. But this is only a summer job. Once school starts, I'll call Coldstone about my application to get a better job. Anyways, I'm now done with the Harry Potter series up until book 6, and now I'm anticipating the release of the 7th installment, of course. Piano lessons have resumed and I'm learning a Kuhlau Sonatina, Chopin's Nocturne, and Debussy's Clair de Lune. I also have to do 4-octave scales, chords, and arpeggios. But I love learning piano again. Its such a great feeling to be making beautiful music through the piano. I feel like a kid again! Teaching isn't so bad. I'm getting my students prepped for a recital next month, and they're psyched, despite the fact that it'll be a small gig. But I'm starting up a new student whose parents will be giving me Horse-back riding lessons in exchange for piano lessons. How cool is that?!
[Tamara Kitchen in a tree at Adam-Ondi-Ahmen]

I'll save the tennis talk for later. So, Youth Conference. I'm not lying when I say that I wasn't anticipating going on a road trip for YC. The plan was to visit all the Missouri church historical sights in a span of 2 days or so. I don't like buses. My last experience involved a kid barfing across the row from me and from then until I got pepto bismol in my system, I had the sudden urge to puke, but withheld it for my friend's sake. I was also going to be away from my racket for that amount of time, and I was going to be stuck on the bus with some people I didn't want to be around. But it turned out to be one of the most spiritual times of my life. My testimony of Joseph Smith tripled, and I wanted to learn more, so I've been feasting upon the words of christ every day since last week. It was fun and exhausting, and I'm glad to be home, but it was such a wonderful spiritual uplifter. I loved it.

Now, the Murder Mystery. I am throwing a Murder Mystery Birthday Bash party for my friends Sara and Kelsey's sweet 16 birthdays. Sara's B-day happens to be today so the date of the party is more closer to Kelsey's, whose is on the 12 of July. But its going to be tons of fun, even with my huge responsibility of making invites, the setting, the characters, scripts, and informing everyone about it. But I'm uber excited!
[Mariah Crouch laughing for the Camera at Far West.]

Anyways, I'm tired and I've got to work from 9-12 tomorrow and then I'm doing horse-back riding in the evening. Yay me! Today, I played tennis from 3:30 to 5:00 with my team the Clydesdales. Fun name, huh? But ours isn't the only one. We're one team of many. I'll explain Team Tennis later, because its actually quite complicated. Its nothing like doubles or being on a team of tennis players. Its a lot like a team sport.

Toodles!

2 comments:

Mom (i.e. Jeanne) said...

I LOVE the photo of the sun and the clouds. Amazing. I thought it was a painting at first.

Youth Conferences - what awesome events!

emily said...

fun HP soundtrack, fun blog entry... fun photos... thanks, lady!