Thursday, May 24, 2007

VARIETY SHOW!


For the past few months now, my Musical Productions 1 class has been working on putting on a show called the Variety Show. It consists of multiple song selections from a variety of musicals of a specific theme. Last year, it was comedy, and this year is was I Love the 70's and I Love the 80's. So we put on a whole bunch of songs from musicals that were written in the 70's and 80's. It was a lot of fun. Here is a list of the songs we did:

-Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat: Jacob and Sons & Joseph's Coat
-Godspell: On The Willows & We Beseech Thee
-Les Miserable: On My Own
-Big River Medley: Do You Wanna Get To Heaven, We Are The Boys, Waitin' for the Light, Muddy Water, River in the Rain, Worlds Apart, & Free At Last
-Best Little Whorehouse in Texas: Hard Candy Christmas
-The Wiz (Dance number only): Ease on Down the Road
-Little Shop of Horrors: Prologue, Da Doo, Finale

I was dressed in 80's garb (obviously), and I participated in Joseph, Godspell, Les Miserable, Big River, and Little Shop of Horrors. I was a Ronette in Little Shop, and was in ensembles in Les Miserable and Big River. It was so much fun, and all of us had a great time learning the songs, dances, and blocking. I think all of the class would agree when I say that the most emotional part was when Robin(our teacher) said that we were a family. It really made me smile when I looked around and saw that we really were a family and had grown really close. Even those I wouldn't usually associate with outside of class in other circumstances were like my family. Most of us are taking MP2 next year, so its going to be awesome.

My sister and dad said that the performance was good, and even though that was my worst performance yet, I think we did do well. Many things went wrong, actually, but we managed to pull it off, and I feel so relieved that its over, yet sad at the same time because I won't be doing fun, sassy Ronette moves with Sarah and Emily, the other Ronettes. Its been a great experience and I'm glad that I was apart of it. I'm excited for next year's musicals and plays, especially since the All-School Play is going to be Much Ado About Nothing. YAY!

It was great, and now I've got to wash off the 80's make-up, munch on something, do some math homework for tomorrow's quiz(YIKES!), and then go to bed and take on tomorrow. One more day until the weekend.

No comments: