Saturday, May 5, 2007

Track is Over

WHEW.
Track is finally over. I wish I could say that I ended with a bang...but it actually started with a bang(quite literally), and ended in an injury that was avoidable. Yesterday's track meet wasn't as good as I was hoping. I only got to do 2 long jumps and a 100 dash because after the 100 dash, I hurt myself so badly that the distance coach told me I couldn't compete the rest of the meet. So I was scratched from the long jump competition, and I couldn't run the 200m dash. I PRed the 100 dash, but I only got 3rd in my heat and then I felt really bad the rest of the time. Even if I did make it to Districts, I wouldn't have been able to run.

I'm thinking about doing Cross Country, not because I'm amazing at distance, but to keep me in shape and because building endurance is an important thing in sports. But if it interferes with tennis, I might not.

Right now, I'm doing my final RIHLA while multi-tasking with some piddling around. The only good thing that I did this week was submit my essay into the Leaky Cauldron's essay database called Scribbulus. Each month, a new issue of Scribbulus comes out with a specific theme and I sent in an essay for the Character Analysis themed Scribbulus, set to come out in June. I'm really excited and I hope that they put it in the issue. I put a lot of work into that essay.

Speaking of Harry Potter, this is a page in my notebook completely dedicated to Harry Potter. I've been working on it for the past few months, and I want to show you what goes through my mind when Mrs.Grupe is lecturing us about Decolonization and Religious Reforms.

No comments: