Saturday, April 7, 2007

"New Shoes"



4th quarter has started, and I feel just like this song. The sound, the lyrics, everything. Its a brand new quarter and nothing is going to stop me from finishing my year with a bang. And thats what I'm going to do. After this, its summer. I associate thi school year with a track race. The 1st quarter is when I have my head down as I'm running and I'm beginning to feel how tough the competition is with tons of energy. The 2nd quarter is when I begin to straighten up and get comfortable in my settings. I also usually know the general competition and know if I stand a chance at making the top 3 spot. The 3rd quarter is the worst. This is when the excitement wears down and I'm thinking "when is this going to end? Shouldn't it be over by now?!" and my form is beginning to ebb away. I'm also beginning to doubt myself and if I'll be able to hold my lead. 4th quarter is really when I begin realize that this is it. If I don't grit my teeth and cross that finish line, then thats it. I gave up on myself. I gain a new spirit and determination, and on the occasion look behind myself, but only briefly before I push myself, sometimes flailing, over the finish line. When I do that, I feel good about myself, and even if I didn't do a Personal Best, I gave it my all. And thats what these "new shoes" are going to do for me. Its the 4th quarter, and its time to grit my teeth and not let the competition gaining on me make me lose hope. I'm going to win and conquer this race to the finish.

1 comment:

emily said...

i LOVE your drive and attitude.

You're a pretty awesome sophomore, kid.