Monday, March 5, 2007

I've survived!

I'm still alive folks. It was hard, but I made it through the first week of RIHLA work and track. I'm not sore much anymore, except for the weird pain in the ball of my right foot, and the occasional shin splint. But I'm feeling good and not fatigued...yet. RIHLA work is intense what with my crazy schedule, but I think I'll manage. I have a feeling I'll be okay by the end of it.

Yesterday in Biology, we started the evolution unit. Mr. Miller had us write down what we know of evolution and our concerns, thoughts, and questions. It was anonymous, so we could write anything without being judged. I wrote my actual opinion on it, and I was glad to hear that I wasn't the only one that believes in "intelligent design" and thinks that some aspect of evolution is absurd. It really made me happy to know that I'm not the only one with a religious foundation in the world.

But my elation didn't last 12 hours. After school, my friend confirmed that she is, in fact, an athiest. This really bothered me because I wanted to know why she was an athiest, but I didn't know how to word the question right so that it didn't sound like I was mad at her. I was a bit mad at her. It makes me mad when teens try and make big decisions because honestly we don't know how to do it. We let our peers influence us and do whatever is the most popular. After that moment, I really felt alone, even though there must have been at least 6 people in my biology class with religious backgrounds. It still wasn't enough.

Today, it looks like its going to be another nice day. I'll enjoy track, unlike on saturday, when it snowed while I ran. Yay for good weather.

No comments: